cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 10...

hotmomma0210
0 6 9

Whoo!  Not only am I at day 10, but I'm also sick with bronchitis.  It's one thing that my lungs are sloughing off all of that nasty smoke and nicotine abuse from 16 years of smoking.  I swear, I'm hacking up nasty stuff all day long.  But, I'm doing well.  The bronchitis has deterred me even more from smoking.  

There's a guy in my office that keeps trying to offer me a cig.  I keep telling him no and he keeps calling me a "Quitter".  I just say thank you very much... proud to be a quitter!  The majority of the office is non smokers and the support here is awesome!  I'm so glad to be with a company that supports my decision to be healthy.  

I'm going to my oldest son's first Honor Choir competition tomorrow with my non smoking boyfriend and my smoking 2 packs a day Mom.  This ought to be interesting.  I really need to get her to stop along with me.  She is so proud that I have put them down, but I just can't seem to get her or my Dad to quit.  Wish me luck!

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Keep in mind that no one else was able to get you to quit, and you can probably talk 'til you're blue in the face to your Mom and Dad!  I think it is often the case, though, that when they see that YOU did it and how wonderful  you look and feel (and smell!) - they might follow your shining example.  Just be sure to let them know about the return of your smell and taste, and the fact you aren't coughing in the morning anymore!  

Congratulations on TEN days!  Keep doing what you're doing; it's obviously working!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

hotmomma0210

You are so right!  My Dad has recently gone to trying out an e-cig, but I've noticed him picking up his regular cigs more often than the E-cig.  Mom only has 35% lung capacity due to smoking and an accident with a hot tub 7 years ago that punctured both lungs.  She sleeps with oxygen.  She needs to quit.  I had a conversation with her and she stated out of the blue that she wants to be around for my kids' children.  I would love to have her around for that!  She's mid 50's and I just feel that if she continues on this path, she won't be there.  

Thomas3.20.2010

So be the example but don't "should." Here's an article you might wish to read before you get your foot in your mouth:

http://www.cancer.org/healthy/stayawayfromtobacco/helping-a-smoker-quit

Congrats on double digits! 

joyeuxencore

Bravo to you! You will be a great and inspirational EXample just by continuing to be smokefree..for your mom and dad but especially  for your beautiful children! Stay strong! xo

Danno_11-10-12

Great job!!! Lead by EXample. You will be amazed how much your actions make an impression on others, especially your family. Big congrats on ten days!!!

Nyima_1.6.13

Show them all that it can be done and stand proud!