cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 10

elizabeth39
0 6 89

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I had a cigarette!  I feel good about that, but I'm also worried that I may not be as strong as I want to be.  I still really really really want one.  But I know one turns into two, and two turns into a whole pack and then I'm smoking again.  Having a cigarette is the last thing I think about before I go to sleep and the first thing that pops in my head when I wake up.  I'm looking forward to the days when that doesn't happen anymore.  I have so many great friends who are pushing me to do this.  They have faith in me.  I just wish my faith in myself was stronger.

6 Comments
molzep

Hi!  10 days is awesome!  How many times a day do you think about smoking?

It gets less and less.  Some days are worse than others, but as time goes by it improves.

Just go one day at a time, and stick with Not One Puff Ever - cause one puff breaks a quit.  Been there, done that. not worth it!

elizabeth39

Thank you for the encouragement!  3 days ago I would think about cigarettes maybe 8 or 9 times a day.  It is getting less each day.  I think I thought about them maybe 4 times today.  I went and bought some sugar free candy so I'm hoping that will help!

all-good.

I'm on day ten too, it's not easy but it's still worth it. I know what you mean about still wanting them, I had some really bad cravings today - but there's always the support group on here and I know that if I fail it's my loss. the mental addiction has to broken now, good luck to us both!

julie63

Congrats on 10 days.  I am at the end of day 7.  I have been thinking about smoking ALL day but haven't caved today. Thankfully, it is bedtime and i will have another day under my belt.  Keep going strong and we'll make it!

chantal

Good morning, congrats on your 10 days, me i had my last cigarette yesterday at 12:20 pm so it has not been 24 hours yet, 10 days is so good i can't wait to be where you are at this time. have a great day:)))

Rick_M

You are under estimating  yourself, you got ten days in (now 11), if you had enough strength to get those in you can surely keep it going. The constant thoughts about cigs will slowly go away, give it some time. You're getting close to the light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there