cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 10 - Perspective Changes Everything

StacyS
8 25 326

Day 10 = Perspective.  I own my journey.  I am not a smoker.  I have triggers.  I choose to look at them as reminders of what I do not do anymore. And, I choose to smile about that!

Perspective is so powerful.  It can set us up for success or failure.  We each, individually, decide which view we will believe in. Which view we will give power to. Which view we will embrace and allow to fuel us. We have to change the way we look at things in order to make change.

I need to take this knowledge and apply it to every other aspect of my life!

25 Comments
Mandolinrain

Great blog...I also noticed your banner 'PERSPECTIVE' is upside down....kinda fits really. We have to hold onto our PERSPECTIVE in good and bad times to maintain the quit.....even when its ( the situation ) not seen as a positive. Upside down situations can flip our perspectives if we don't pay attention

StacyS

Yes!  And, thank you for your support!

Mandolinrain

Your welcome  You always will have it !

TW517

You are so right!  Despite all of the Elders' advice to me early on, I kept fighting my addiction.  It felt like I had to battle all these awful craves and terrible emotions.  When I was finally able to be thankful for the good I was doing to my body (and soul), instead of focusing on the "woe is me / this is so hard" aspect, then I finally was able to know I could and would beat this.  Great blog!

StacyS

Thank you!

SaraCorinne

Amen!  I LOVE YOU QUIT ATTITUDE!  

elvan

Stellar blog!  DOUBLE DIGITS TOO!  Congratulations,

Ellen

Daniela2016

You got it right!  As much as we can say it, it is up to you to "remodel" your environment, views, attitudes, and make them work for your quit!  The fact you have this type of clarity so early in your quit is a wonderful sign for making this your forever quit!

Great job, congratulations!

Image result for reverse perspective

StacyS

Thank you!  There is no turning back now!

StacyS

YAY for double digits!!!  Thank you!

StacyS

Thank you!

A.N.N.

Stacy,

So proud of you!!  You have made it through some pretty tough days, and kept on going. 

Tom I couldn't agree with you more!

Ann

Giulia

"By George I think she's got it!"

StacyS

Thank you!

StacyS

Hahahahaha, great clip!  Thank you!

JACKIE1-25-15

Stay strong in your quittitude you will go a very long way and help someone else as you journey through.  Thanks for your positive thoughts. Peace.  Congrats on 10 days. 

Thomas3.20.2010

Congratulations, Stacy! You're on the way to becoming an EX!

StacyS

Thank you!

StacyS

Thank you!

pir8fan

Everything is indeed a matter of perspective! To an earthworm it is more fun to dig in cold hard dirt than to go fishing! Keep your Focus! Never lose your determination!    Tommy

Christine13

Congratulations on 10 days quit!!  I love your positive blog!! 

Daniela2016

Image result for emoji halloween

StacyS

Thank you!

jrgar1

Way to go Stacey. You have unlocked one of many solutions to end fighting the nicodemon.

Accepting the challenge as an adventure of a better life. A few other thoughts on this heard along the way of my quit journey. If you think you can't you won't. If you think you can you will!. When your desire is strong enough you will possess super human power to conquer anything you choose. One of our untapped super human powers is that of choice. Choosing your quit one day at a time will lead you to face any challenge ahead to maintain a permanent quit for a nicotine free life.  O.D.A.T. N.O.P.E. Peace & Happiness to you on your journey. JRGAR1

StacyS

Thank you!

About the Author
I am from Maryland, born and raised. I have 3 children: 25, 13 & 12. They are my heart and spending as many healthy years with them as possible is the reason for my plan to quit smoking. I work full-time in advertising and have for 20+ years. I love cardio and lifting but have a few pounds to lose. I hate that I cannot keep up which is reason #2 for my wanting to make some major lifestyle changes. My long term goal is to be in the best shape of my life by my 50th birthday which is in 3 years.