cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1-beautiful NH day

nancyl2
0 10 15

Had my grandson (almost 2) overnight last night.  He was a delight and made 1st thing this morning easy.  Wish I could have kept him longer.....  Is it bedtime yet?

10 Comments
Iwannalife

Welcome to day 1 of your journey!  You can do this, remember deep breathing, water, and keep telling yourself 'I don't that anymore' when you get an urge to puff and come to this site and hollar HELP if you need it we are all here behind, in front, and on both sides of you to help you whenever you need that little extra support.  I know you can do this. 

God bless you on this wonderful day.  Laurie

sparky26

Had my two grandsons here yesterday morning , they are 1 and 2 .  Love them to pieces , but boy they ware you out ! LoL

Congratulations on day one ! 

^-^  

sprinkles104-2

Welcome, and congrats on day 1 🙂  It gets much easier.  Take it one day, one hour, or one minute at a time.  That's what got me through the first few days.  I'm not very far ahead of you, only day 9, but it's already a breeze.  Let us know if you need any help.  You can do this!

exsmokermom

Welcome on Day 1. Come in and celebrate you new found FREEDOM. It takes a little time to get used to being FREE, so relax and take it easy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel FREE to ask.  Let freedom ring!

Jenn_06-03-14

Yay for Day 1!!!  Hang in there!  Punch that Nicodemon in the face!  Drink lots of water!  Find some hobbies to keep you busy!  And just remember...it DOES get easier as time goes on!  🙂

YoungAtHeart

Welcome to the Nancys Club - you make three of us!  My middle name is Lee - what does your L stand for (if you don't mind me asking!).

When those craves hit, get busy!  Move - play a computer game, go for a walk, play solitaire (yes - WITH cards!), take a shower, clean out a drawer.  Don't let that smoking thought rattle around in your head alone.

This is done one day at a time - I promise it gets easier after the first 2-3 weeks.

Nancy

Strudel

Congrats on day one! Remember to stay close! You can do this! 

Terri103

Nancy!  So glad that you have started your quit!  You will really like coming here to talk to this wonderful family of Exes!  And alot of us are in the same dum dum boat....it took us waaaaaaay to long to quit!  I'm 57 and have smoked since I was 20.  I had a 3 1/2 yr quit back when there we're home computers.  One bummed puff from a coworker was all it took to ruin that quit!  

NOPE!!!!  that means Not One Puff Ever.  We are quit for good, we know that one puff is not "one puff".  

Someone today wrote in their blog the work Sickarettes and well, in my 20 days I had not come across that word.  Very powerful to me.  that is what they are.  

It will be hard, I can't lie.  But you can come here whenever you want and share, cry, complain rejoice celebrate pontificate or write a poem.  Someone will "Hear" you and say just what you need to hear.  

I am using the patch, for me I believe that is how I will get thru.  I need to practice not smoking and breaking all the triggers before I say bye bye to Nic.  By the time I go thru the step-downs of the patches, I will be SO OVER Nic that he and his family (Big Tobacco) will be the only ones crying over the breakup.  

I LOVE the photo of your precious kitty!  I have two of my own, but they are much smaller!!  hahaha

Eric_L.

good work.  we all only have one day.  you can do this

nancyl2

For those who have asked:  It's Nancy Linda

My kitty pic is one of the Mountain Lions at Squam Lakes Science Center.  I also have two smaller kitties at home, along with two bunnies, fish, and now some baby chickens in my bathtub!  Can't wait until they go outside!

I discovered that regular sugarless gum stops urge for almost an hour.