cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1 almost over!

caingurl1
0 8 28

Hello, all. Hope you all are doing well on this Thursday night. Day 1 is almost over for me and it wasn't as bad as I initially thought; I know it's because I changed my way of thinking that will better help me through this. If I found myself thinking about a smoke, I would force myself to think about something else; I even took a couple of naps throughout the day. I am feeling excited and hopeful again. I feel pretty good in spite of. Still waiting on the major withdrawals, if any. Tonight I will lay down feeling really good about my future; tomorrow, I will deal with when it comes. As of now I am in the kitchen grilling boneless chicken breasts and catfish steaks, so I better get off now before I burn something up.lol Will check back later.

8 Comments
cheyenne7

Congrats...you CAN do this.........I've said this before to people, but believe me--it's true,

If I can quit---you can quit!!

I have never had catfish steaks, actually, I have never had catfish...does it taste like chicken?

ljguptill

That is terrific! You have it right, enjoy your success today, and deal with tomorrow, tomorrow! Good plan! I think that instead of anticipating "major withdrawals", maybe anticipate being able to sail through this without pain, but with pride and accomplishment. Each time you think you want a cigarette, distract yourself, breathe 3 deep breaths, get up and do something else. The next thing you know, the feeling has passed. You can do this, you ARE! Good for you!

caingurl1

@Cheyenne-No, they taste nothing alike. Fish has a lighter texter and more healthy for you. Chicken is good too, and so many ways to make it. I try to grill more now since that is more healthier. It gets rid of a lot of the grease in foods. Grilling tastes so much better than frieds, but I love my fried chicken and pork chops.lol

Why have you never tried catfish?

@ljguptill -Thank you for the encouragement. 🙂

sadiewilliams

Day 1 is always the hardest...and once you accomplish that, keep moving forward!!  I wish you the best of luck, and I know you can do it!!

caingurl1

@sadiewilliams -Thanks.

Jaxson1-16-14

You got this my friend!! Just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other and keep stackin' those days!! 🙂

cspelliott

Good luck to you... keep on chillin and grillin.. 🙂

caingurl1

@Jaxson1-16-14 -Thank you, friend.

@cspelliott -lol and I will!