cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1 ... Let me Introduce myself.

Diane145
0 6 26

Well, last night I came home from work and forgot my cigs.  So, I decided that I was not going out to buy a pack.  I smoked my last one at 7pm, put on the patch, joined this group and downloaded the app.  My husband had back surgery on the 13th and is recouperating so I won't be out for the next couple weeks.  This is as good a time to start as any and I think God paved the way for me to start.  This isn't my first rodeo so I'm hoping I can keep going ... one day at a time.  I think the involvement with this website and app will also help me.  We're going on a cruise in April 2016 and I want to finally be free of this monkey on my back and I'd also like to live longer!!

6 Comments
MarilynH

Welcome to the site, quitting smoking is definitely the best decision you will ever make in your lifetime. Read as much as you can about different ways to help you quit drink lots of water, keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and I liked crunching on raw carrots and celery and I used sugar free mints when the cravings got to me. Be willing to go through 2 or possibly 3 wks of withdrawal symptoms and pretty rough days but believe me it's sooooooo worth it, I have over 6 months in now, you can succeed. 

Marilyn 

chloe76

Good for you! Welcome to your FREEDOM. There is light and laughter and support here. Drink tons of water - don't pick up No. Matter. What.  

bj_15

This site is the best. Glad you joined us 🙂 A cruise sounds so nice! Think of the extra spending money you will have now that you quit!!!

hampton

Welcome...Now is the time to take care of you!!  You are in for a test for sure,so is your hubby. lol. You can do this. I wish you both the best. Speedy recoveries. Treat yourself...

Scott106

welcome!  great site, i just joined tuesday and there's a lot support here.

we can do this!

Diane145

Ok, 39 hours without a smoke or near smoke.  I actually found the first 24 hours not to be difficult, however, it's getting to me right now.  I didn't sleep well last night and am feeling cranky today.  Wondering if the damage is already done, if I'm one of the luck ones to have no damage, and if I can stick with this.  I am on the edge of grabbing a cig right now.  I feel like I have no outlet.

Let's see how much the site keeps me on track.  I have to take a walk to shake this off!

Will be back later and, hopefully, still smoke free.  Geesh ... what an ordeal this is.