Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1 - Again but Easier

selmccal
0 11 21

Hey there! 

So, as you all know I had to revise my quit day to today due to my choice of smoking yesterday. I will say that I made it the rest of the day yesterday without smoking INCLUSIVE of the Dodgers game. I look at yesterday as a day helping me break a trigger before my revised quit. Day 1 is easy today, I think this is only because I just did this 2 days ago. I've never jumped back on the quit bandwagon so quickly after faltering though so I am a little proud that I picked it right back up again. Usually I justify an entire smoking day if I have just a puff but this time I said, no, just because you smoked just now does not mean you should the rest of the day. 

I think because I did what I did yesterday, it acted as a day 1 test before actual day 1. Day 1 has been not bad at all so maybe I was simply putting a lot of pressure on what I should be feeling rather than realizing, you can maybe do this without going out of your mind if you just focus your energy on something else. 

One day at a time folks. I am patiently waiting to be able to say I made it past day 3. then 7. then 14. then hopefully 130. 

Thank you again for all the advice everyone! 

11 Comments