cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dawn Krupa Rest In Peace My Dear Dear Friend!

pir8fan
0 66 580

If you happened to be outside at 2:00 AM Eastern time this morning, you may have felt a slight stirring of the air as the Pearly Gates Of Heaven swung open to welcome our Sister in Freedom, Dawn. For the past year and a half Dawn has put up a valiant fight against a cancer that has no cure. Throughout the battle she has maintained an unshakable faith in God. And unquenchable thirst for life. There is no question in my mind that The Lord has prepared a special place for this Lady!

She is survived by two families. There is the one that she was born into, and brought three daughters into, and her family here at EX. Her trademark WOOOOO HOOOOO will forever echo through the celebrations on the Freedom Train.

I hope that God will forgive me. I know that this is a time in which we should be celebrating her life, but I am sad. While I know in my heart of hearts that there is one more angel watching over me, I also know that there is one less person here on earth that truly loved me.

http://youtu.be/tYFdTzYjIQU

Good bye my Dear Sweet Dawn. May Your Rest Be As Sweet As My Memories Of You!

God, we commend the spirt and soul of our sister Dawn into Your loving care! Amen

66 Comments
aztec

Dear G-d please take Dawn into your arms and may she rest in peace.

So sorry to hear about this loss

thanks Tommy for letting us know

dmickow

So, so, sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace...wish I could have known her.

cyn9

shill57957

Tommy,  That is so sad.  I know what a dear friend she was to you.  I will pray for you that you will be comforted in this time.  Also for her family and friends.  I am sure there will be a great loss felt without her.  But as we know she is in a much better place.   A place where there is no cancer, no pain, no sickness.  

ShawnP

Although I know that no words can ease the loss you feel, just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

JoAnne5-14-2008

Dawn  - We Love You and Will Miss You Dawn.
Breakinchains

"Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all."

Our community suffered a severe blow this day. We were all better off for knowing her. Few people have been more supportive, or offered more encouragement to me in my life. 

Goodbye Dawn, you will be sorely missed. 

Ex_Nancy

I will miss you Dawn and pray for your family. Nancy  img alt="" src="" />

owlfeather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDV18aOri6M&feature=player_detailpage

Because you Sweet Dawn, you lit a candle for so many of us.

I am a better person for having  known you.   Safe journey sweetheart, Safe journey....

As with Tommy, my heart breaks today, the tears are flowing, as at the same time I celebrate your life, it hurts not to have you with us here.  But we know you are watching....

So Much Love to you Dear Dawn

Owl 

Dakota_Posse

I will celebrate Dawn's life as well Tommy!  But first let me mourn with tears....

You will be SO missed Dawn.......

Cindy

Ex_Nancy

img alt="" src="" />

kathys

I am here today to pay respects to an amazing lady. When I started my journey on this site a few years ago, I met Dawn and she welcomed me to this site with open arms. I pray that you are are peace with no pain and no suffering dear lady. You proved to all of us just how strong you were and stayed smokefree through it all. To Dawns family, I send my thoughts and prayers your way. Know that she was one of the great leaders of  this site. To Tommy, You have been an awesome friend to Dawn over these past couple of years and I know she appreciated your friendship. May you know that you made a big difference in her life as she was dealing with her sickness. My love to you dear friend.

Carenda

A beautiful person has gone home to be with the Lord.  Dawn, you will be missed.

Sympathy Graphic #24

Sympathy | Forward this Picture" />
MarcieWhosoever

Im so sorry.

This blog was a shock to my system.

prayers being sent for you tommy and for Dawns family. 

imadeer

I woke up at exactly that time and could not get back to sleep.

Rest In Peace

Giulia

"Death is not the extinguishing of the light; it is only the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come."  (Rabindranath Tagore)

And so she has .....to her home to light up the heavens with her smile.  But oh, so much too young.  Peace...and...Peace.

Mike.n.Atlanta

A sad day indeed Tommy. Dawn was a light that can not be replaced.

M n @

lindan_7-14-10

GOD picks HIS "special" Angels to take care of HIS children. HE knew that sending Dawn to where HE did that she would be loved and cared for. HE lends us a child to raise, to teach them what it is that they need to know before HE calls them HOME. Dawn learned her lessons well. She was taught to give from her heart and to love beyond measure. She gave us a glimpse of what it is like to be so close to GOD. HE missed her long enough. Thank you LORD for letting us have her, even though it was for such a short while.  I implore you my FATHER to hold on tightly to those who loved her. She is missed. I now have another Angel to watch over me. Rest, dear lady, rest in the ARMS of OUR FATHER♥

geminigypsylady

Tommy even though we talked on the phone this morning I felt a need to come here and express again my sympathies. Dawn was a very special couragous lady.

Peace and Love to you, Dawn's family and many friends. I shall plant a special flower in my garden in her memory.

charliej

Dawn and I started our non-smoking journey together.  She is special to me.

Rest peacefully my dear friend.

lisa11209

Prayers for Dawn and her family.

Lonita

Rest in peace image

Lonita

Patty70

I am so very sorry to hear of this loss.  My prayers for the peace of God go out to Dawn's family and to Tommy.

keptpromise

I am so saddened to hear of Dawn's passing.  I know how much she is loved, and how many people she has helped by being here.  She will be dearly missed.  I mourn for her friends and family, but know she is truly at peace now.  Her work here, on earth, was done.  I'm not on the site very often, anymore, but Tommy texted me to tell me the news.  Please accept my sincere smypathy to all she touched.   

lady-hyacinth

So sorry to hear she passed on, yet happy she is free of the pain and suffering. Like all Angels, Dawn touched a lot of people with her faith and love. God speed Dawn, RIP, you will be deeply missed.

Thank you Tommy for letting us know. I wish I could find just the right words to comfort you for I know you are truly feeling the loss of your dear friend. Hugs and love to you.

Rick_M

I remember when Dawn first joined. Her avatar was her on a boat with a mast behind her. I told her somewhere in time she looked free from smoking on that boat and she liked that comment. She is now free of her pain.....

Rick_M

I remember when Dawn first joined. Her avatar was her on a boat with a mast behind her. I told her somewhere in time she looked free from smoking on that boat and she liked that comment. She is now free of her pain.....

SmokedOut041412

Tommy, this is very sad news. I'm praying for strength and comfort for all family and friends for the loss of Dawn.

bella65
wow im so sorry to hear this may she rest in piece prayers to her family
Strudel

Oh Tommy - I am so sorry! I know how very special Dawn was to you - and to this site! I just went to her page and reread some blogs - what a  beautiful, courageous person!! And - you have written a wonderful tribute to her....and the song is perfect. Thank you. I am sending prayers.......

Yaya2.6.10

RIP.  she was there in the beginning of my Quit with Tommy and their support was wonderful.  

IrishRose

Peace be with you, Sweet Dawn.

RED ROSES - HEARTFELT CONDOLENCES

Thomas3.20.2010
Our brightest Angel, Our sweet Star! I have been weeping since I heard the news and yet, smiling though my tears as I reflect on the many times Dawn lifted me up into joy! I know you, Tommy, were even closer to her and I grieve for you and for her Family's loss! May the Good Lord comfort you and I and all Dawn's Friends and Family in the knowledge that she is where we want to be - in His Living Eternal Embrace. RIP Dawn! No more suffering, no more pain!
froguelady

A very sad day for everyone here.  Tommy, I know you were close to her please accept my sympathy and I will pray for you and her family.

AutumnWoman

"flights of angels sing thee to thy rest..."  

Thank you Tommy for letting us know.

zinamarie

Her love and her joy is even now embracing us all!  Peace to you Tommy and to Dawns family!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Oh Tommy, such  a sad, sad day for you and for all of us at EXville!  Dawn will be sorely missed.  My deepest sympathies to you, Tommy and to her beloved family.  Peace to you, Dawn! So gratefu to have been on this journey with you, in this time, in this place.

MoeUnfiltered
I am sending prayers for Dawn's family.It is so sad. An important voice for EX has been silenced. Tommy sorry for your great loss. Not one puff no matter what!Moe
sherrydenise

With Deepest Sympathy

summer-07-06-15

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss to Dawn's family and to you Tommy.

misty_dawn

I am so sorry for your loss and sadness and for the loss of all those who knew Dawn, those she helped, myself included.  Passing is the hardest for those left behind.  Dawn is in God's resting hands, without pain.

What a wonderful gift she gave us all.

jojo_2-24-11

My Deepest Sympathy go out to Dawn's family and friends and to you Tommy.

TheNewMe_Jo

Rest In Peace Quote

TheNewMe_Jo

img alt="" />

maynell

Sweet Dawn was my first friend on this site. I am so lucky to have known her. Rest peacefully, Dawn. Thanks, Tommy. 

maggie_8-1-2010

My heart goes out to Dawn's mom and her daughters - may they find peace in Dawn's memories. Thank you  for letting us all know Tommy - what a lovely tribute. Peace to you as well.

JimTaddeo

RIP Dawn! None of us is that far behind you......but one thing is absolutely certain, SMOKE FREE until the change comes!

Thanks for posting this Tommy, Peace to you as well sir!

Julia_Amy

My prayers to her family, thank you Tommy for letting us know.

Madyzsgocka