cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Date is Tomorrow Full of Fear this normal?

Lilybell
0 8 151

Hi everyone I'm new in this amazing community of strong determined and caring people to stay on the path or as they say pass their torch I am thankful to you all either way because I have actually been searching for support for the past two weeks since I for the first time believed in myself in a while and thought I've quit alcohol when drinking was my anxiety crutch so as long as I had it in front of me did I calm down and settle into my skin so needless to say I quit drinking finally at 33 but picked up smoking cigars for the buzz replacement legit I guess now that I type it that's what I did I figured anxiety reliever for anxiety relever because when my hands are busy especially writing or painting then I'm lost for hours the only time I don't smoke I'm 39 last month on the 22nd and my mom my best friend of my entire life I took her in and cared for her with COPD until with no help for three years and she's been gone two years the middle of the summer I have no family and two associates but I'm opening myself to hopefully be calling them my best friends one day soon I had a mid life crisis a bit and am not quite myself and they say don't quit when theres stress well I'd never have the chance with my estranged family anyway before I started typing for a minute I was getting more and more worked up but forgetting about it I got through a trigger and a panic attack wow maybe I can do this. You'll all be shocked to hear my quit day is Sunday and I'm just realizing that the side effects are emotional not just fatigue and irritation like I grew up seeing on commercials and some of the sites have me scared I'll become more depressed without them but that's the addiction talking I'd much rather smoke my peace pipe anyday so I'm hoping with that tobacco replacement tool and all of you on here to chat about life quitting rewarding hobbies to start in place of a smoke break? Any advice tips tricks avoidant of things the start of new things I have a routine written down but I can already feel discouraged it's not perfected yet and my house needs to be cleaned does everyone recommend that before quitting I tried to gather up a social network on Facebook but whatever I guess I don't drink anymore so ya know I love crafts writing fictional stories and.my own along the way when I could I wrote I have tons of thoughts and I guess I'm doing better than in the past lol what you think you know until you have once been there yourself so I will know myself soon enough and I don't know if i should be relaxing or trying to get all this crap done so I'd be free on Monday but perhaps I need to listen to the advice and not be so hard.on myself. Anyway I'm an open book mostly and can share quite a few hurdles I've made.it.out the other side so it is possible I just overthink and get in my head with doubts of what others think and being isolated and shamed for it since mom got sick and me and her couldnt to out anymore we were apartment bound me her n my.son he is one of the biggest motivators to quit my angel. So looking forward to some messages hopefully I like company especially a good egg

8 Comments