cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dang...

cindys3
0 7 2

I feel like I am of the right frame of mind and so close, but keep slipping.  My husband smokes and cigs always within reach.   I really think if I get a good start again I will be OK.  Just need some ooomph.

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Actually, what you need is to make a decision that you will not smoke NO MATTER WHAT and then honor it.  Doesn't matter what others do; you will just honor your commitment.  Stay busy, distract through craves,

You CAN do this; I know you can!

Nancy

Barbara145

I agree with Nancy 100%.  It is the ONLY way. You will love being a non=smoker.  You just have some work to do to get there. 

JonesCarpeDiem
Smoking is not required
livenow33

You are the only one that will pick up the next cig - don't blame it on others...eat a carrot, take a walk give yourself some slack and love yourself.   Its abut breathing!!!  Keep coming back to this site and you have a great chance of stopping putting the smoking sticks in you mouth.  A day at a time, an hour at a time... you go for it!  What do you have to loose except the money you spend on cigs.

Mike.n.Atlanta

Agreed. You don't HAVE to smoke. It's a choice. Always has been & always will be. If you've made a sincere comittment & honor it you will succeed even if smokes are around.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

exsmokermom

Cindy, my husband smokes and I am on 68 Days.  Ask him to NOT  leave his cigarettes where you can get to them.  If he lights up, just tell him you'll be back after he finishes. 

exsmokermom

When's your quit date? I didn't see it posted.