cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Dam near blue it

Julie1960
4 13 167

My 14 year old grandson is at school saying he wants to kill his self.  Cops are there he is 600 miles away from me. So I am freaking out ripped off my patch I am going to buy cigarettes.  Mean while I can't talk to anyone at his school cause I am not on the list.  Still going out of my mind I call my mother and she says calm down and don't smoke you have came to far.so I put patch back on.  Later on the kids home.  Saying if I come to you you will put me in the hospital.  I said dam right because you would need help.  Lot of cussing from him.  No calming down then I say just pray for you.  Well I am athelist. Oh hell panic again.  I said just don't kill yourself we care and love you.  That was the end of the call.  So now I am filling fear panic.  My man as been supportive all I can do is worry and pray.  But I didn't smoke.  If it hadn't been for my mom and partner I no I would have.  I really want one bad.  But ant going to do it

13 Comments
Mandolinrain

I'm super glad you have not smoked and even happier that you came here. Thats alot on your plate right now and its usually when horrific stressors happen early in our quits that we give in and smoke. But you didn't. Something, perhaps answered prayer???....kicked in and stopped you. This proofs it is doable.

I am finally turning in myself. Have our twin grand daughters and they have been up and down tonight and are finally asleep. So off I go... but wanted to chime in and tell you that I will be praying for you and your grandson.

Know that this community cares about you and we are here to listen and support you as needed. It helps to unload sometimes. So glad you did not smoke. You made a good choice.

Hugs~Missy

YoungAtHeart

I am SO proud of you! 

Do think about what, exactly, smoking that cigarette would have done done for you.  Yes, it would momentarily have taken you away from the added stress of quitting, but then your brain sensors would have demanded another, and then another and then your hard work up until now would have been wasted.  You would have been right back where you started - a smoker who wanted to quit and disappointed that you gave in.

I hope your grandson will now get the help he needs. 

Sending a hug to comfort you during this difficult time.

Nancy

Roj

Congrats on staying strong in your quit during an unbelievably stressful situation...you have proven to yourself that cigarettes DO NOT make anything better, it would have only made you feel bad about yourself on top of worrying about your grandson. Sending hugs and prayers to help your family through this...

MarilynH

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this Julie1960 BUT I'm EXtremely proud of you for not relapsing because it wouldn't have helped anything and you would've screwed up your precious quit journey, I pray everything is working it self out with your grandson I'm sending you a humongous caring hug along with lots of good thoughts and prayers.....

Barbscloud

You've certainly proven how committed you are to your quit.  That's a real confidence builder.  Sorry you're going through this, but I'm happy you have support near by.  We're here for you also.

Barb

Julie1960

Thanks again

Julie1960

Thanks again for your help and support

Julie1960

Thanks again for your help and support

Julie1960

Thanks again everyone for support and advice and prayers

indingrl

I lifted YOU and all your family in prayer - IT was SUGGESTED to ME in 1986 to use the -  Serenity Prayer when poop hit the fan - to HELP ME ACCEPT life on life's terms - the prayer -  God grant ME the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot CHANGE- COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference -  please I am talking about ME not anyone else - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you -  Thanks for sharing and YOU MY beloved Julie 1960 - already know - SUCKING ON DEATH STICKS -  aint gonna CHANGE ANY HUMAN -  YOU and YOUR BODY suck tge poison in YOUR lungs which will NOT change the situation - HANG IN THERE YOUR DOING GOOD- NOT.ONE.PUFF.EVER. - N.O.P.E - gentle hug

LanaKay

You and your grandson will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Julie1960

Thanks for all the help and support and advice and prayers

Swanbird

How absolutely stressful.  I hope you are doing well and I hope your grandson is in a better place.  You should be so very proud of yourself for keeping the quit!