cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 96 FRIDAY.............IT'S FRIDAY..............YEP!

jim_taddeo
0 2 17

Another week as a smoke free healing human. It has been a long road for me. In 42 years, and I know that is far from old, I have managed to do many, many, things. I've been around the world in many senses beyond just geographical. Some of them I'm not proud of and some of them I am proud of. I'm no demon and I'm no saint........wow......I'm just another human being. I'm subjected to the same abstract set of emotions and experiences as any other human being. After that the mix of Jim's history is as unique as I am. It is actually really cool. Now I have managed to be guided by my HP to a place of recovery fairly early in life and I consider it a blessing each day that passes. Some days are harder than others but as each passes and I successfully navigate the course the autopilot seems to run just fine as long as I remember that my main guidance system is freedom of choice. HP sets the overall right path and in my heart I know where to go. RIGHT FROM WRONG! Now those choices have to be qualified through knowledge. Right.......Thoughts, Emotions, Actions, Results. The complexity becomes overwhelming if I try to control it all so there again I don't need to control anything, in fact I cannot, beyond choosing the right path as the daily flow unfolds. Strength results and confidence grows exponentially with each little success. I can very confidently say that I'm not using TODAY for sure! Guaranteed! And the plan for the duration of the trip is to continue to do exactly that each and every day several times a day. It is on the shelf right next to my tooth brush which I use at least three times a day and usually more than that. So the daily pledge here at the EX has been an exercise I have done for a long time. It has become a very healthy habit for me and a tool or skill that I would continue regardless of the continued existance of the WEB itself. So when I run into a situation that throws me off balance by being a huge negative or huge positive I have a skillset that allows me to adjust to it and maintain my course. I feel the excitement to the extremes both positive and negative but the series of actions I will take are damped so they don't swing too far either way. A neat concept!

SOOOOOOOOO.

TODAY I CHOOSE NOT TO USE!

TODAY I AM CLEAN SOBER AND SMOKE FREE! TODAY HP GUIDES ME AND I CHOOSE THE PATH!

TODAY I WILL KEEP DOING IT NOT!

SO MOTE IT BE!

God bless,

Jim

Tags (1)
2 Comments