cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 9

europa76
0 3 1

This is the start of day 9 for me. The only thing that really bothers me is the detoxing and cleansing of my lungs and nasal passages.  What a mess. And when I am near a cigarette, I'm now hyper-sensative. I never believed that when people used to cough around me. Now I see it is true. Even dust and dampness are getting to me. I'll have to start wearing a mask and a hazmet suit. (People have told me this already, but it had nothing to do with smoking. haha!).  Anyway. My new adventures in Garys smoke-free land is I am falling asleep around midnight. Totally alien to me. But I am awake and out of bed by 8am every morning. This too is unheard of for me. I like this and the day has sooo much length, I can do so much more and its greAT!!  I have always been one who looks forward to the day to go out into the world and see how many people I can make contact with and create some smiles. You'd think with an attitude like this that there would be people waiting to shoot me. Well, that is understandable, but I am not a little Pollyanna PeterPan type. Cross me and I'll go off on you!  But basically, my stability and my ability to keep my perspective in check has been gifted upon many. And they adapt some of my basic fundementals to thiers and all is well.

Just a bit of positive rambling for the day. Hope all of you are well and congratulations for another day of smoke-freeness.

Peace, Gary

3 Comments
maggie_8-1-2010

iT IS GREAT TO BE SMOKE FREE (Underestatement of the world). I'm sorry you are having the crud but that should end soon. Congrats on making it 8 days and counting. Keep on keeping on!

Maggie

Thomas3.20.2010

Hi, Gary! Thanks for your POSITIVE BLOG! One thing that helps with detox is to drink so much water you think that you're a fish!!! It clean that junk out of your bronchials and lungs! Also, drinking cranberry juice keeps your blood sugar level steady and gives you some much needed antioxidants! Most important of all, of course, is stay away from Ist, 2nd, and 3rd hand smoke! Never heard of 3rd hand smoke? It's the junk in your furniture, carpets, clothes, and car! The sooner you get that cleaned up, the faster this stage will pass! Best Wishes and CONGRATULATIONS on 8 Smoke FREE DAYS!!! Embrace your NEW Ex Lifestyle!

europa76

Thank you Thomas, I use ice tea as a water, and its a great hydra-flush of toxins for  me. But I think it is better to do the water thing. So I am going to stay stricktly water and try to clean up my system. Thank you for the advice. Its much appreciated.

I will admit that I have had a puff every now and then. Once a day. I call it my punishment and reinforcement factor. Sounds stupid I know, but then again I'm Irish, Scottish AND Bohemian. We are a people capable of bizzare life choices. Haha!

But aside, I have so many positive effects from not having those cigarettein my possession. I could go out and get some anytime but I dont and ZI wont. And now that I am collecting $60+  I am not giving  THAT up.

Peace, Gary