cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY #41 FOR ME (and another reminder that Trivia is on hiatus until September 6,2022.

SuzyQ411
8 9 262

As an update on this final leg of my quit: This is day # 41 for me. I am sticking to my "recovery plan" much better than I was last week. Yesterday, I added 1.5 blocks to my walking distance and hit my highest number of steps : 5824 as I reach toward my new goal of 8,000 steps. I am doing this by gradually adding distance to my daily walks.

Yesterday, however, I added more than I had planned as I became intrigued with the new neighborhood and just kept walking. I have to admit that by the time I got home I was tired and immediately went to my porch chair for a welcomed rest 

SuzyQ411_0-1657644225543.png

I keep looking forward to the time when I no longer miss smoking. It still comes to me a few times a day that a cigarette would taste good. Deep breathing and the reminder that I have promised to never smoke a cigarette again breaks the curse for the time being but the thoughts of smoking eventually return and I have even caught myself thinking what would really be so bad if I got some more nicotine gum? ( I am being totally honest with you guys as I write this.) 

WELL, what WOULD BE WRONG is that I would continue "feeding" the cycle I am working desperately to break: that being anxious for whatever reason can no longer lead to introducing some form of nicotine into my system. I am doing this as a protective mechanism for the next time that life brings me unsettling events that for more than 60 years have led to my bringing nicotine into my system via smoking one cigarette after another. This is the cycle I am striving to break.

So, no nicotine gum for me!

NOPE.jpg

As @indingrl says:

NOPE! NOPE!! NOPE!!!

9 Comments
About the Author
Prior to my first quitting on 8/25/2019, I was a heavy smoker for over 60 years. That time, I quit due to health concerns regarding clogged arteries to my brain. Tar deposits from cigarettes were making the situation worse. I had become a prime candidate for a stroke and required surgery to clean out my left carotid artery. I have relapsed 4X since that quit, the last one being on 05.15.2022. ( At one point in all of this madness, I had been quit for 1.5 years). Then on 9/7/2021 I began my recent eight month quit before my current relapse. I am in the process of planning a return to the non-smoking life. After more than 2 weeks of smoking, wheezing and coughing and being short of breath, I have set my new quit date of June 1, 2022 as the beginning of my forever quit. I am done with this madness!! God is good.