cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 365 !!!!!!!!!!!One Year !

bonniebee
2 34 35

I am so excited and happy to be here on Ex celebrating my 1 year anniversary and entrance to the 6% club ! You have no idea how amazed and happy I am after trying so many other times to quit smoking and never getting past 3 months and usually not even past a few weeks !

To all of you newbies never give up ! If you have tried to quit before and failed don't let that get you down use those times as stepping stones to reach your forever quit learn from your mistakes... what you did right and what you did wrong . Stay with Ex and you will get all the love and support you need to make it !

It is a journey and I have been addicted so I no I must remain vigilent and not let one year go to my head ! I still need the love and support fom all of you to remain true to my quit . This year flew by I still have days that I crave that ole nicodemon but I am too happy about how I feel not smoking to let That ole Nic drag me down !

My brain was conditioned to smoking for 51 years  ! In one year I have come a long way but the journey continues. My brain is being renewed and I must patiently allow time to be the healer .

My lungs are so much clearer and for you newbies it can happen quite quickly within a week of not smoking my wheezing was gone ! Now I can lay on my back without choking myself to death ! I am not kidding my lungs were that bad ! It took me so long just to go to sleep at night ,I had to keep coughing and trying to clear my lungs and throat of mucous just to go to sleep sometimes I even turned on my fan so I would not hear my own wheezing ! Thankfully that is gone ! I still do have mucous in my throat frequently and I hope that clears eventually but hey after 51 years of heavy smoking my problems could be much worse .

I hope you younger quitters will take heed and not delay quitting for as many years as I did. I went way to long between quits and now I still could easily face more health problems because of that procrastination ! Even if I had a diagnosis of lung cancer I would still be very happy to be free of the continual need to smoke... I hated be addicted to those sickerettes !

I want to especially thank all the Elders ( I will not begin to mention names for fear of leaving out someone ) You know who you are !!!! I also want to thank my quit buddies ( the ones who quit around the same time as me last winter ) I thank all of the newbies who keep  quitting NEW  and reminding me how I never ever want to return to day one again ! I want to be there for you all as so many have been there for me !

I love you  my wonderful Ex- Family....... Big (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you all ! I will be  forever grateful to God for helping me find this site and to all of you here especially to the Elders who are here almost daily to help us all in our quits !

Thanks Shawn for hosting the great Bonfire I was elated to throw all of those sickerttes into the flames !

34 Comments
Dotgirl_1-28-16
WOOHOO WAY TO GO BONNIE B!!! 365 days! 1 year of freedom from smoking....AWESOME!!!! WAY TO GO!!!
froguelady

You are now a member of the 6% club and it is a great place to be. Congratulations on a great quit. You rock!!

Courage

Yay Bonnie!!! Big hugs to you, you're awesome!!! 

Jennifer-Quit

WTG My friend!  I knew you could do it!

Kimshine

Way to go Bonnie! 1 full year of freedom. I am so glad to be celebrating with you today. You have come a long way!

Welcome to the 6% club and thank you for being here for all of us!

YAHOOOOOO!

TerrieQuit

Oh Bonnie B. I have been waiting for you to post! I am so excited for you! Congratulations ELDER, Bonnie B, you are a 6%er I am very proud of you!You have worked hard! Treat yourself well today!!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

elvan

I could not be happier for you Bonnie B, I am so proud of you, welcome to the 6% Club and to officially being an elder!

HealthyOrange

I am so very happy for you, Bonnie!  Wooo Hooo!!!!  What an accomplishment!  What are you going to do to celebrate?  Enjoy yourself; you deserve it!

MarilynH

I am sooooooo very happy for you my Bonnie B, you totally rock my friend and are now a member of the 6 % club yay my friend . I hope that you have done something EXtra special for your splendiferous 1 year milestone because you certainly deserve to pamper yourself my friend .☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

freeneasy

YES!You did it Bonnie!!

kristen-9-7-15

WOW! Bonnie! That's great!! Congrats! So proud of you!

Michwoman

YAYYY!!!  Welcome to the club!!!

Sootie

So so so so very proud of you! I hope you are proud of yourself. ENJOY! Because you deserve it.

lois2

OH i am so proud of you,   congrats

Giulia

I am so happy for you!  Enjoy the HECK out of it!  And thank you for all the support you've given throughout the year here.  Your blogs of your experience help the new people coming into their first experience.  Welcome to the Elder's List Bonnie.  Never let it go!

Mrs.Rum

Congratulations!  Been waiting for you... 😉

Welcome!

JACKIE1-25-15

Bonnie B my quit buddy what a beauful 365 day blog.   I am so happy for you. Congratulation on a wonderful quit journey.  The best is yet to come. 

you made it to the 6% Club Welcome. 

NewMe

Big congratulations to you! I hope you have a celebration planned. Yipee-  you're an Elder now!

Legend

I’m so happy to see you at 1 year today WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I’m glad you stuck around this place to learn all that you could and be successful keeping your quit going. I am very proud of you.  

Strudel

What a wonderful blog!! Congratulations on ONE YEAR!! Be sure to celebrate - big time! And - be very, very proud!

dpop
Great blog and a very big congratulations!!!!
djmurray

I'm sitting on the sofa still pretty near the door of the 6% club so I have a spot for you right here next to me!  You are my true quit buddie, my friend -- we've been through good times and bad times and hard times and joyful times, and worried times and confident times, and here it is a year later!!

So very happy for you, my dear friend!!

Barbara145

Congratulations, Bonnie B.  Great job!  Welcome to the 6% Club.  You have done a beautiful job.  You are such a delightful lady.  Celebrate you!

WLFSRFAMILY

Wtg   Welcome to the 6% club

CatsRsmart

Wow! Congradulations! Thank you so much for being here. And sharing.

Cats @ 38 DOF

Thomas3.20.2010

CONGRATULATIONS, Bonnie!

Thank You for all your wonderful cotributions throughout the Year!

Keep stacking those Years!

meWisconsin

Congratulations Bonnie and welcome to the 6% club. You have been an inspiration to all of us here at EX. Next stop, 2 years.

Terry

JonesCarpeDiem

WONDERFUL BONNIE!

Let's Go For Two!

bonnie-12-28-14

Congrats Bon Bon!!!  So proud of you:).

linda.mustafa

Hi Bonnie , a massive congratulations to you , well done , keep moving forward 🙂

joyeuxencore

WOW you did it!!! Congratulations on your first beautiful year of freedom...I can hear in your words just how proud you are of you!!! xo

Mike.n.Atlanta

This post really brought it back to me. Struggling to sleep at night because of the wheezing & rattling in my chest. Another memory I would rather forget but I dare not. If I forget the bad ones I fear I may fall. Thanks you for this.

I am so happy for you & your new smoke free life. I know a year ago you couln't imagine this day. That was a good thing. Finally taking it one day, one hour or minute at a time is what does it for a lot of us.

Huge congratulations on this first anniversary of your smoke free life. Itt's a great beginning.

Keep on keepin on,

xsaffron

Thank you for sharing. It is good to see what the future holds. I am lucky to be here as well and read these motivational posts. This site is a santuary! 

Daniela2016

Congrats, and thanks for the words of wisdom for new quitters like me, 6 weeks and 2 days, hoping to keep counting like you did! Happy for you, happy I for all of us here! 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, we all made the right decision!

About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .