cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 264!! Tomorrow really is 1 year??

craftylady
0 6 21

Yes I quit on leap year!  Kind of thought it was funny!  Oh well, I have a lame sense of humor, HAHA.  In some ways it seems and feels like yesterday - still have the thoughts even though they are now far between and nothing more than an occasional nusance.  And sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago.  I have been working on becoming the PERSON I want to be.  I am a work in progress but honestly I've seen the most change in the past year after I quit smoking.  I now believe more in my abilities, I face my fears rather than hide (most of the time - but have found I have to come out eventually - sooner the better), I have back slid on my eating and gained 19LBS - instead of getting angry, beating up on myself and quitting, which was my norm - I have found a group of ladies and we are working to inspire, support and be firm with each other.  Firm but kind!! 

I am now feeling positive about my future, whatever it holds, because I feel more positive about me.  Even handled my son moving out better than I feared I would.  I am now an empty nester.  Not how I saw it when I was younger - I'm divorced too - so empty nest really does mean ALONE!  I was afraid that I would break down and eat/smoke my fears away.   I decided - (the NEW me) - that instead of going into the pit of fear, negative thoughts, dispair - I would look and focus on the positives.  Won't lie have had a couple crying spells, miss my son but happy he is living his life.  AND surprised to find me excited about living mine!

Well everyone HAVE A GREAT SMOKE FREE DAY!!

6 Comments