cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 258 THE ARRIVALS DEALING WITH CRAVINGS.

eddieg121
0 6 22

I am so pleased to see so many newcomers.  I remember my first time coming to the community, I got a lot of support.  The tools that are available here are priceless.  I struggled with my QUIT. I had to learn how to say no to the cravings and the urges to light up. I would actually talk myself out of picking up, at the same time I was telling myself that I did good and one wont hurt, But when I had a strong craving I usually was hungry and I usually smoked when I was hungry, So I would drink water to get full and that would kill the craving.   I decided to use the patch,  To help with the PHYSICAL cravings. Oh yeah!  In my opinion there are two type of cravings. PHYSICAL and MENTAL.  I  went through withdrawl . Where my body would ask for nicotine, And that's where the patch came into play. The patch help me a great deal with the PHYSICAL cravings. And when I started to convince myself that I deserve a smoke that was the MENTAL craving, Which I dealt with  by staying busy, reading and posting blogs here.  Chewing gum SUGARLESS, And eating fruits and drinking lots of water.  I have friends who are EXSMOKERS, and I call and we talk each other through our hurdles of addiction, 1800-QUITNOW is a good number to call. I hope I was Helpful to someone in the community. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER SMOKE FREE DAY.

6 Comments