cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 143 A BIT OF A ROUGH NIGHT WITH THE LITTLE ONE

jim_taddeo
0 4 9

Trying to wake up with my last drug of choice.......COFFEE......JAVA......THE MEAN BEAN.........GO JUICE.........what do you mean it's another drug??????? AAAAHHHHHHHHH! LOL I'll have you know I am responsible for teaching the folks at the Starbuck's, PA Turnpike, North Neshaminy rest area exactly what a "RED-EYE" is. At least a Papa Jimmy Red-Eye. 1 large cup of any dark potent coffee of you choice with two shots of Espresso dumped in for EXtreem Driving pleasure...........LOL ALL the go with 1/3 the pee........ 🙂 Sorry I'm goofy with sleep deprivation. Amara is afraid of the dark and so being awakened at 3:00AM has become a regular item in my sleeping patterns. Brutal but it still beats changing diapers.........Haha! Positive ATTITUDE! Or that could be cynical sharing of the pain....LOL

Hmmmmm........Afraid of the dark you say????? What makes us afraid of the dark? We can't see what's going on around us. Things are really different from what we are used to. We have spent very little time or at least in most cases the very least amount of our individual lucid conscious time actually in the dark. So we have learned very little about how to act there. How to behave. How to feel comfortable. How to feel confident. HOW TO FEEL HAPPY Some people are crippled by this and others are very uncomfortable with it but for most we just turn on lights of some type and get on with what ever it is we are doing. I have managed to explore this from necessity and desire,

• OUTDOORSMAN
  •   
  • MILITARY TRAINING
  •   
  • ASTRONOMY

All of the above require some level of activity in the dark so I learned to be very comfortable operating in the dark. I spent significant amounts of time learning to live in that environment. Which, by the way, is the same environment as the one with light. I am equally as happy in both states. In some ways I am happier and more at ease in the dark. Imagine that, Papa Jimmy is a creature of the night......Hah hahahahahahah!

So does anyone else see a parallelism here? Uncharted territory and fear of the unknown. What similarities can be drawn between the childhood fear of the dark and smoking cessation? I'll bet if we look we can find quite a few. But certainly keep this in mind.......it draws the attention of the authorities and possibly academia when the childhood fear of the dark is founded in reality. Our fear and discomfort based in smoking cessation should actually and rightfully be place in continuing to smoke. Then we are beginning to behave in a rational and logical manner.

TODAY I CHOOSE NOT TO USE!
TODAY I AM CLEAN, I AM SOBER, AND I AM SMOKE FREE!
TODAY HP GUIDES ME AND I CHOOSE THE PATH TO WALK!
TODAY I KEEP DOING IT NOT!
TODAY AND TONIGHT AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO BE SMOKE FREE IN DARKNESS AND LIGHT!
TODAY I AM FREE!

God Bless,
Papa Jimmy

Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week's value out of a year while another man gets a full year's value out of a week. -Charles Richards
Cultivate silence. I speak in silences to the heart. A soft wind can convey my meaning to the heart. HP
4 Comments