cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DAY 116 FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES

jim_taddeo
0 2 19

So I was helping the little one with her shower last night and she was fooling around doing something or other, oh, I know she was splashing water and getting me wet and I said "Well, your going to have to finish this yourself cuase I don't want to get wet". She comes back at me with, "Fine, I guess you don't Love me anymore". So I played in with this attempt to manipulate and said "Yep, you are right, and since I don't love you anymore I don't love myself either" "So I'm going to go and get one of mommie's cigarettes and smoke again, because I just don't care anymore" Do you know what that little stinker said to me? Check this out, now she is 5 years and just under a month old.....in Kindergarden mind you..........and looked at me completely serious. She says....."Fine then, that is your choice and if you want to get sick I'm just going to be sad"..............Holy shit! I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN FOR SURE! FOR SURE! Now if a 5 year old understands this, and as Dale has put it, "this ain't rocket science"....and both of them are very much correct, I am impressed and humbled in my supreme arrogance. Big brains and all thank for making that clear......LOL This is simple and it really is a simple choice and my little one got a big old hug and kiss while she was splashing me with water. We made a friggin mess and I had to clean it up but it was worth it. So when you think that all of the adult bullshit we use as excuses and the comments we make about someone else just doesn't understand, "NO ONE KNOWS THE TROUBLES I'VE SEEN", think again, quit feeling sorry for yourself, lighten up and make a mess, and remember WE CHOOSE to USE or NOT! Ask my daughter! She'll tell you strait up. And man does she get happy when I choose the right thing. HOW COULD YOU ARGUE WITH THAT?

TODAY I CHOOSE NOT TO USE BECAUSE IT IS MY CHOICE!

TODAY I AM CLEAN SOBER AND SMOKE FREE!

TODAY HP GUIDES ME AND I CHOOSE THE PATH!

TODAY I WILL KEEP DOING IT NOT!

TODAY I AM FREE!

SO MOTE IT BE!

God bless,

Jim

Believe more in Me than in the limitations of the world. HP
2 Comments