cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

D-day tomorrow

grands07
0 7 8

I have been a smoker since age 11-12.  I successfully quit for 1 year each time I got pregnant, but after I was done nursing, I went right back to being a pack a day smoker.  I have tried Wellbutrin and had an allergic reaction.  Then I tried Chantix and had a serious suicide attempt.  Six months later I tried Chantix again and within two weeks my depression began to return, so once again I had to quit & went back to my 1 pack a day habit.  Two months ago, my dad who has smoked for 65 years and uses oxygen 24-7, developed severe pneumonia and I could barely sit with him watching him fight for every breath.  Then a month ago my Dr. told me I have COPD.  I also lost my mother @ age 21 (she was 40) to lung cancer.  I made up my mind then that I was going to quit.  Each week I cut out 5 cigarettes until I am now down to 3-4 cigs a day.  Today I will smoke my last cigarette, as I want to spend the rest of my days enjoying my children &grandchildren.  This site is amazing and I feel very hopeful that this time I will succeed!

7 Comments