cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Cutting down first and cleaning out cars....

breathe-free
0 7 22

Last time I quit smoking I had been sick and just woke up one morning and didn't smoke.....no preperation just desperation.   I remember the folks who prepared and they didn't seem to have such a hard time.  So I am thinking this time I will read , watch the videos from this site....talk to you who want to talk to me.  Today my plan is to clean out both of our cars (my girlfriend and mine) to become no smoking zones.  My friend and my partner are just going to wake up tomorrow and not smoke ...no preperation , no real plan.  That gives me too much anxiety....so after I clean the cars I am going to come back and talk, watch a video , track my triggers, say no wait another hour to have a cig....cut down first.  I don't want to use any NRT because I would just have to wean off that as well.  I thank you all for loving me through this process!

7 Comments
pir8fan

Do what works for  you! You know what it is like to "Breathe Free"! It is time to take your life back! We can not do that for you, but we will all that we can to help you hang onto it!

Tommy

Jenny78

Congratulations on your choice to not smoke.  Stay close to us.  Come to this site to read and blog and always blog with "HELP" if an urge is too uncomfortable.  Many people will respond.  Remember, an urge will be less than 5 minutes, then it is gone. Take not one puff ever.  Keep your eye on the prize.

jojo_2-24-11

Failure to plan is a plan to fail! That's not what any of us want for you or anyone else. Stick close to the site and ask for help if need be, it's always here.I am very glad you are back with us. : )

moments

Blessing sweet Carolyn and welcome back to the safety net of your friends and strangers that will become friends...you know what it is all about so go in with your eyes open, the list of excuses void and the prayers for a happer and healther tomorrow...smoke free on your lips.  You have the full capability of doing it...just do it!  Love ya and happy and proud to see ya back!!

Brian100

Good job on educating yourself and creating your smoke-free zones.  Try not to be  too anxious about your partner and your friend.  Do what you can for them, but stay committed to your quit.

karen-lane

great that ur here, all the people are great and the experts and can any questions u have, stay close and prepare ur self.

joyeuxencore

Hi Carolyn! Absoluely plan and do the prep work...great idea. have you set a quit date so you know where you are going with your plan? They make a Febreeze Auto in a gray bottle that is great for getting the smoke smell out of cars! SWo glad you are here...xo