cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Craving-ahhh!!!!!!! help!

nonsmoker28
0 12 26

well here is this craving-brought on by stress about medical bills and money in general-so i'm holding on tight not giving in! am tempted to go out and get a pack-but i will not-instead i am working on my fictional writing.

12 Comments
bj_15

Take a deep breath! Re: Medical bills, send what ever you can afford each month even if its only $5.00 Money in general can be an on going problem but buying a pack will only send the money to a place you are trying to avoid 😞 You can do this and are on the right track by asking for help first!! We are all here for you!!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Inhale..................................................hold....................................................exhale

Inhale........................................hold.........................................................exhale

Inhale..............................................................hold.........................................exhale

keep doing this until it passes and IT WILL PASS!!!!

Jackie

hampton

You are doing this!!! keep focused. Read everything you can about the addiction.This helped me tremendously. Read some blog's here. All that is available here helps so much. Just keep telling that mind of your's you don't do that anymore!!!! Proud of you.We have all been there,still there.it gets better each passing moment. You have just got my attention aay from cigs,see it works...:))Peace deborah

Barbara145

That is the spirit!  You are doing great!

Junior7

Hang in there!  So glad you blogged.   That's what I should have done on Sunday instead of lighting up.  It's no fun starting over.

JonesCarpeDiem

Cmon now. You've just started.

Don't be overtaken by an urge.

Bills will always be there. You are learning that you can't hide behind a cigarette.

JonesCarpeDiem

go stick your head in the freezer for 15 seconds

pir8fan

Hang on tight! By the way: How would spending money of an addiction ease your financial issues? Doesn't make sense does it! You are too smart for that!

swilson2

I live in Missouri where my brand of cigarettes are now 5.03 a pack if you smoke a pack a day thats 35 dollars a week think about it, stay with us its so worth the effort.

Michwoman

It will pass!!!  The medical bills will certainly only keep coming if you still smoke!

MarilynH

Hang in there ,you are stronger than the cravings say that a few times, that you are stronger than any craving and that you don't smoke anymore.  You can and will succeed in your quit but you must be willing to go through a few rough patches to get through to the other side and be happy with your quit. 

Marilyn 

linda258

Oh yeah.... I looked you are just starting and yes, I agree with you the cravings really sucked and it seemed really difficult not to "want" to smoke.... but no .. the trick is to make it through each crave.. and suddenly realize you made it... and then the next and you made it till one day you say WOW ... I really don't have to smoke.