cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Correction on my last blog

mustangsally3
0 6 9

I actually went back and made a critical correction, I actually DON'T want to smoke and I have NOT used any nicotine supplements in over a week but I have them as a "JUST IN CASE" so I am not tempted to go and buy a pack of cigarettes.

Some days I feel so strong and so proud of myself for what i have already accomplished but the other days are so uncertain and like I said feel fake, scripted and foreign to me. Oh well, I have reached out and am continuing to do what I have to do to better our families situation, no matter how much it kills me to keep doing every time this happens! It sucks adn I hate it! But...I love staying smokefree and in fact that reminds me of a thing I saw in a movie recently...

On the movie "The Fault In Our Stars" Augustus, would put a cigarette in his mouth and Grace expressed how upsetting and dangerous cigarettes were and he replied that they are only dangerous if they are lit and smoked. He said something to the effect of he put the killing thing in his mouth, but never gave it the power to harm him or kill him by lighting it and smoking it.
*Pretty awesome when you think about that right?* Well, I feel the same way but...I am In no uncertain terms strong enough to stick a cigarette in my mouth and not light the danged thing! Not yet anyways!

By the by...Beautiful movie, but if you haven't seen it and want to, get one to two boxes of kleenex before you even press play. (Thank you for letting me clarify) 

6 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Fake it till you make it, Carolyn! Just keep 'em away from your face!

JonesCarpeDiem

What he said.

You ARE rescripting your actions and therefore your life.

You are in unknown territory but that does not mean you aren't in control!

Giulia

When all else is falling to pieces around you, your quit is the ONE thing YOU control.  That power is comforting.  That power encourages you to keep on.  That power enables you to awaken the next morning and say YES - I am in control and THIS IS MINE.  And nobody can take it away from me.  The thing we most feared before we ever engaged on the journey is the thing that gives us continued strength after we've jumped into the fray..  How wonderfully odd.  Hang in.  Hang on. 

YoungAtHeart

I guess the fall back NRT's are better than smoking - but you have now rid your body of the nicotine (it takes three days) - so why would you want to start those receptors up again by feeding them?  Try ANYTHING else (besides smoking) to distract yourself before using them - OK?  Did you read the Allen Carr book I know must have been linked for you?  If not - it might be a good crave buster. 

You are doing GREAT - keep adding those days!

Nancy

kshields59

You are not a fake. Try going on Terry Martins Quit Smoking Cessation, and sign up for email news letter. It worked for me, plus re-reading my books. 7-Steps To A Smokefree Life, Kicking Butts by the American Cancer Society. Knowing you live inPa. have you called 1-800-QUIT NOW.?  It's worth a shot.  Just hang in there, we know you can do it, we all get are ups and downs, the downs will pass each day. Say the SERENITY PRAYER, also, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Keep adding  as each day passes. You can do this.

Kelly

froguelady

I am very proud to see you gaining strength in your quit, I know you can do this.