Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Connie55 Archived Profile

Connie55
0 0 8

Description

I am a 52 year old married mother of three boys (all grown up now). I was a smoker for 32 years, so basically my whole adult life. This is my third (and final) quit as of 1/24/12.  I have been getting more and more ashamed of my smoking habit, hiding to sneak a smoke. And since I had quit before for a few months, I really notice now just how bad smoking makes me feel. As an added incentive, several family members have either died or began having health issues in the last several years that are related to smoking.

I have big plans for my retirement years and have worked very hard setting money aside and sacrificing in the present,  to be able to realize those dreams later. I want to live to enjoy my dreams, not just work until I'm dead. 

My favorite dream is sailing out into the Gulf of Mexico in the morning to watch the sun rise as I catch my morning breakfast and then go back to the dock and cook up some blackened fish and cheese grits!!! AHHHH 🙂 I can't wait until retirement. I'm going to do this everyday! And I'm going to be alive and healthy enough for this too!

Brief Description

32 year ex-smoker

Website

Countup Clocks, Girly Countups at WishAFriend.com

pinellas county, florida

Interests

cooking, family, fishing, my dogs

Skills

too many too list 🙂