cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Commercials

meagain3
0 8 21

Are you guys all seeing the very graphic, real commercials on TV.  I know here in Florida, there are a few.  I see at least one a day.  People who have holes in their necks, loss of limbs, etc.  Real people and all consequences of smoking.   I don't know about you guys but I find them to be extremely disturbing and very effective.  Wow....if there is even a thought about smoking I just have to see one of those commercials.  I applaud those real people for putting that out there like that. They are champions.

8 Comments
brennapflaum

I have to admit that watching those commercials has been very effective to keep me from lighting up. It is to easy to say, that will never happen to me. These keep reminding me that it could very easily be me with that big hole in my neck. I agree with you commending the people in these commercials. I thank them for being such a big motivation to quit smoking!

maggie_8-1-2010

I'm with you all the way on this one. I have read here on more than one occasion that someone quit right after or shortly after seeing one of those commercials. Most effective.

Ex_Nancy

I rarely watch TV, but a friend showed one on F/B and I would call them effective for me NOW, now that I know longer believe in smoking.....About  a year and a half ago, I saw one though on TV and just told my husband it was gross and although it didn't help at the time, it made me START to think again...SO, maybe it did help??? Maybe.

KatherineF

Now if we can just convince the smokers that it is possible to quit.

babs13

I also find the commercials disturbing/effective NOW.

Before I quit, I would see any anti-smoking commercial, and light up and say " these things always make me  want to smoke".

How sick was that?

Addiction, talking....

I'm glad to be a non-smoker.  I want everyone else to find out how good life can be when you give up your addiction and become free to be the real you!

Sootie

Have to agree with Nancy and Babs----NOW these are effective to reinforce my NOT smoking. HOWEVER, honestly, when I was smoking---I would have flipped the channel and lit a cigarette....seriously.

bella65
I kinda saw one with person and the whole In their neck very disturbing I don't have cable but did see it @it clients house
onelasttime

I really don't think the shockl and awe works with addicts...my opinion