cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Closing in on 9 days

kiki2
0 13 35

And I have to say...I'm very proud of myself.  It hasn't been easy.  And I haven't even punched people.  Not because I didn't want to.  Because I'm learning restraint. Do I still want a cigarette?  Yep!  It's not a craving anymore tho.  Its what I've done for the past 30 years. That saying "old habits die hard"...it's true!!  I can't tell thru the day I'll be doing something, anything...cooking, cleaning...don't matter, and I'll think to myself oh time to go smoke.  It of course passes.  

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!   

13 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You SHOULD be proud.  Quitting smoking isn't easy - and you are doing it!  Don't ever lose sight of the fact that you are overcoming an addiction to a very powerful drug.  It isn't easy, but it IS doable!

Don't worry about being irritable unless you get "taking hostages angry."  THEN you need to worry!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

it's tough on anyone to go through puberty and menopause in a week!

kiki2
Ha! It sure is. I deserve a medal or something. Lol
JonesCarpeDiem

CONGRATULATIOMS!

MarilynH

Be proud of yourself, this is so doable you are proving it . You haven't had a cigarette in 9 days keep up the good work. 

cookie804

Congratulations on 9 DOF. You can do this. Just stay close and read and blog. Reach for your ex family before you reach for a cigarette. We are here for you.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

Brenda_M

Congratulations on 9 days!!!

promise_judy

Hey 9 days already?--WOW that's great!

Keep on adding those smoke free days.

XOXO

Michwoman

Good Job!!! Stay strong and always Keep Moving FORWARD!

dar7

Hi I am going to be right behind you soon I have smoked for 40 yrs and just don't want to do it anymore I am very proud of you and maybe you could help me with some pointers thanks Dar7

lois2

kiki congrats on 9 days, stay strong NOPE.

linda258

Oh please someone get her a metal.... I don't do pictrues.. guess I had better learn.

Congrats! Well deserved pat on the back.

bumpkinmom

Congrats on 9 days!  Stay strong and have faith in yourself!