Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

CinnamonWings Archived Profile

CinnamonWings
0 0 4

Description

I'm female, married, 48 years old, two adult children living at home, part time caregiver. I started smoking when I was 15. I have quit many times. I kept trying. I finally decided to quit quitting and continued to smoke. I sure hope that I have the will to do it this time. I miss walking and smelling nice. My longest quit was for ten years while I was a young mother. Another significant quit was for three years.

Back in the 80s when I was in highschool nearly everyone smoked. We smoked in houses, beds, restaurants, cars. We all smelled terrible I bet, but I don't recall. All of our parents smoked but they are all "EXs" now and would like me to quit I'm sure. They quit hassling me about it. It comes up now and then.

I used to do a considerable amount of walking a few years back (five?). This past year, I haven't done much and I feel a heaviness deep in my lungs. I don't have much energy. I feel healthy. I eat very healthy, but still I am tired and I think it's because of the lack of oxygen. My body is starving for it.

I'm a friendly person and I would like to support others in their quit. Maybe they can help me too. If you have any questions, just ask. I'm glad that I found this site.

Oh yeah, my quit date is the 10th of January, 2015. I wanted to do it on the 1st, but the site recommended some time to get my affairs in order before I give the cigarettes a kick out the door. Best of luck to all of us.

Brief Description

I love life. I want to live.

Website

No website in profile.

colorado

Interests

movies, crochet, needlework, anything art, downton abbey, vikings, the walking dead, fargo, the human condition

Skills

compassion, understanding, love and forgiveness