cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Cilia rejuvenation maybe?

robo3
0 11 56

I haven't coughed for the first 32 days of my quit.  I am making up for it today as of this morning!  I am really suffering reading online remedies and whatever else anyone has to share.  Whew! Help!

11 Comments
bonnie-12-28-14

Time.  Sorry but it will just take time.  I'm at 106 days and still cough or sneeze up yucky green stuff.  It's not as much but it has to come out.

NOPE

JonesCarpeDiem

I didn't cough when I was a smoker and I never coughed after I quit. Is there anything coming up or is it just a hack?

djmurray

I coughed a lot the first week, then didn't and lately I've been coughing again (although not nearly as much as I did when I was a smoker) and I do think it's the cilia re-awakening.  

annb
Welcome to rediscovering Allergy Season!!! Duoh! The one less positive side effect of healing!)! Cilia are catching the pollen partices and AHchoo! Mine are back too so taking Clariton faithfully!
cheyenne7

If it keeps up have it checked out....maybe you are getting a cold or something....any other symptoms....sore throat, runny nose, etc?

sparky26

I never had a smoker cough. But I have had this cough for 2 months now ( seems to be getting better  now , I hope ) so maybe it's something going around or like they said allergy . Mine is ..non productive , a dry hack that has kept me from sleeping , finally my husband brought home some Nyquil cough , it's better.

robo3

Thanks lots for thoughts on my blog so readily and maybe I will consider every comment while I wait and hope for any relief.  Dry deep hack, sneezing, headache, runny nose, but clear. All your comments are appreciated.

YoungAtHeart

Sounds to me like allergies - have you had them before?    You might try an OTC nasal allergy spray?  You might have post-nasal drip from the allergies that is irritating and making you cough.

I hope you feel better!

Nancy

catspride23

Okay here's some ways to figure this out:

1. If this continues regardless of where you are chances are IT'S NOT ALLERGIES! I have severe allergies to pollen...so it's usually when I'm outside or shortly after I get inside ugh feel miserable.  Also if you have windows open overnight and wake up like hell then yeah could be.

2. IF YOU CONTINUE FOR MORE THAN A WEEK OR TWO....I would suggest the doc!

3. Quitting and clearing out sinus's of all this stuff can mimic allergies and colds.  I know it's no fun at all absolutely no fun but it's got to do this as you know.

There is a harmless way to really really figure this out.  Take non drowsy 1 tablet of claritin or allegra.  Loratadine and the like normally don't hurt anybody at all, now benedryl.....I wouldn't suggest it.....some people like myself can pass out for 24 hours on the stuff.

Take 1 tablet if you feel better you know what it is....if you don't okay it's something else 🙂

The science of medicine is exactly like this btw....just guess and check lol  FEEL BETTER!

Laura-12-14-14

120 days quit and i'm on my third cold. I think it is natures way of getting rid of the tar/nicotene substance that has been trapped. The cilia in the lungs are functioning better. At least the colds aren't turning into pneumonia...which i was prone to get as a smoker. I'm just happy to be able to get rid of that stuff. Hang in there!

Thomas3.20.2010

Don't miss the early warning signs of COPD. Go to your Doctor and have a breathing test called Spirometry. If you are cleared from COPD - YEAH!!!!! But if you find out you have COPD early diagnosis is a huge benefit. And no matter what don't smoke over it!