cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Chest x-ray

laurie37
0 26 34

As some of you know I've been coughing since the end of November. Right after I went off NRT gum. I've been treated twice for a sinus infection and ear infection during this time. My lungs have always sounded clear but today we did  a chest x-ray and they are clear. I am SO relieved! Her diagnosis is that I am coughing due to asthma flare-ups from one virus after another from my babies. Just wanted to share since a few of you have encouraged me to get a chest x-ray.

26 Comments
brenda61

That is great news Laurie.  So very happy for you.

scott57

Good to know it wasn't anything serious, glad to hear you are doing well

angel51859

Great Laurie! you are such an inspiration to me!

aztec

GREAT news Laurie vitamin C 1k mg three times a day and zinc ester C is best

pipster540

Thank Laurie...you know how some of us worry ...    : )

Hey, I tried the cloves today....a little strong for my liking, but a good alternative to gum or suckers.

Leeza

So glad to hear that there's nothing Seriously wrong.  Do hope that you start feeling better soon.

gaills

Whew!!!  I was beginning to get worried.  Have a great, smoke free evening!

IrishRose

Oh, Laurie, what good news to hear.  I know you have got to feel better knowing that all was ok.  If they took an x-ray of my chest, this is what my heart would look like...

abstract_graffiti_300x225_47206_-_chest_x_ray.jpg

IrishRose

That's what your offspring will do for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   hahahahahahahaha

Thomas3.20.2010

I'm so g;lad you got that Xray and removed all doubt!!! Take care of your lungs - they're every bit as important as your heart! Now you can Celebrate 200 completely confident!!!!

ks100207
I'm so happy for you, Laurie. I know the cough you have. It's terrible. Then I was diagnosed with severe asthma. I'm glad you stopped smoking when you did. You take care of yourself. Try rubbing Vicks on the bottoms of your feet and then put on socks before going to bed. Sounds weird but sure does help with night coughing. Love ya bunches Laurie Girl! Kelly
jawidge

Hey Laurie! you know I love good news!  So glad that you have one less thing to woory about.  !!  Have a great weekend

breathe-free

Hi Laurie, thanks for sharing about your X-ray.   I too found out today my X-Ray was clear.   I have had a cold for a week and tightness in my chest.   Last night I was having some difficulty breathing.....so this morning I thought I will just see if I can have my coffee without any cigs.......,I have made it all day.  I know not to get to cocky tonight , because I have been here before.   I need to make it for awhile....6-7 days.  I do feel a sense of freedom and I am looking forward to being able to sleep good again.   My sister who has been off cigs a month and I went to dinner this evening and it was really great.  She is encouraging me to stay off the cigs and I used my Mom a few times today as a "lifeline" out their.   I am going to keep coming to this site as well.   Hope everyone has a peaceful night.

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Laurie

Did they give you anything to stop the wheeze?

flossiemaeal

i am very glad every thing is good for you!!!!!!!

rlb42

Great news!

cookiegirl

That is wonderful news .....

EllenMT

Great News!  We all have that little itch in the back of our mind when we get a cold or chest xray SOOOO HAPPY yours turned out clear!

Patty70

I am so very glad you have this good news. 

mike219

Great news. Has to be a huge relief.

healthyjayjo

Whew -- you must be so relieved! Happy for you, Laurie!

Rick_M

Glad you are OK

Strudel

Laurie - Look at the love here!! Sorry to be late - I am so happy that the x-ray was okay. Please - take care!!! I hope those kids stop passing things on to you soon!

_m_11

Congratulations Laurie.  I am so very happy for you.  Sorry, you had to deal with the stress.  Take care, M

Linda142

What a relief and a weight off your mind. Excellent news!!!

onvacation

Great news!