cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checking in with 805 days and to say goodbye :-(

Nix
5 18 214

Well, what can I say. I have been quit smoking for over 800 days!! that's 800 DAYS. Wow, what an achievement and what an amazing journey.

I live in the UK and as a result of the ridiculous European GDPR directive I can no longer access the EX site. One day I went to log on just to see what people were up to, as I tend to do, and was greeted by a screen telling me I was no longer able to get to the site. Wow, that was a bit of a shock and a bit of a panic took over. Its funny isn't it that even when your crutch has been stood in the corner and you've not needed it for  a while, if someone takes it away, its scary!

Fortunately I managed to get in touch with Mark and he has been awesome in trying to help get me back and even with Dales(jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007) assistance, I cannot get back to the site, though I may get your replies . Mark has very kindly sent me my blogs, my amazing journey through quitting smoking.

I have so many, too many thank yous to say. This site has been a lifeline for me through the last 2 plus years. The elders and my quit buddies have held my hand through thick and thin, they have walked beside me every step of the way, they have hugged me and pushed me when I needed it and you all stand so very patently every day waiting for people in need.

I love you guys so much, I am so grateful that I found this site and that I was so warmly wrapped into your care.  I humbly Thank you.

You are an amazing group of wonderful people and I will miss you all so very much

Love to you all

Nix xxxxxx

18 Comments
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You'll be missed.

Mark
EX Community Manager

Giulia

I am so sorry that due to the new regulations (for a good cause - I suppose?), you can't lurk here ever day and pipe in once in a while. 

"Its funny isn't it that even when your crutch has been stood in the corner and you've not needed it for  a while, if someone takes it away, its scary!"  I totally "get" that.  So I think it's important for you to connect to a support site where you are.  Support is - for me - a necessary part of my quit maintenance.  I can't say whether I'd be more likely to relapse or not after 12 years smoke free, but I would rather not chance it.  And staying connected to EX is just a quit-healthy thing for me to do, I think.  I don't come to the site for help with my quit, I come to the site to help with other's quits.  But that is of benefit to me because it keeps me aware of the initial hard stages of the journey.  To which I never want to return.  

I really hope you find a quit community in the UK in which you can participate.  And if things ever change and you can re-connect here - all the better.  But seriously - keep a hold of something that prevents you from relapse.  That human connection with others who have quit is important.  Because this addiction does tend to come back to haunt us.

Godspeed!

Daniela2016

Nix, I will never forget our beginning months, and how much I was always looking forward to seeing you blogging.

Mark‌, is there any way you can pass Nix my email address? We promised we'll one day meet in Spain, and I intend to be there one day!  Until then you be a good EX and I promise to do the same!

MarilynH

This is very sad Nix but maybe you can somehow get to us every once in awhile and in the meantime maybe you can find a site there to help keep you grounded and to help others that could use your wisdom of your awesome quit journey, huge hug coming your way I hope you'll be able to see our comments. XO 

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations on 805 days free.

I'm sorry a vpn wouldn't work. I have no idea why. I did the research.

"'til we meet again" stay quit stay safe."

elvan

I am so sorry to hear this.  What a shame.  Thank you so much for letting us know that you would be here if you could...who knows, maybe something will change in the long term.  Who would have expected THIS?  In the meantime, congratulations on your beautiful 800+ days.

Much love and keep looking for a way around this difficulty.  Never give up.

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

I will pm my private e-mail to you.  Please use it as your HELP line!!!!

And ALWAYS keep in mind there is never a good reason to smoke; there are only excuses.

So glad I was able to accompany you on your journey to freedom from addiction.

Stay FREE!

Nancy

indingrl

thank you nix n God less  CONGRATS 805 non smoker living yahooo

indingrl

GOD BLESS U so sorry 4 typo

Christine13

I am so sorry you won't be able to get here anymore Nix.

Congratulations on your amazing quit!!

xo

KMC56

So sorry this is tough..especially this particular Ex group has a LOT of ex membership active on site that are  in to 800+ DOF.

Will find a way to keep you in touch!

~Kathy 813 DOF

Nix

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this gets through or not but if it does then thank you for your

responses. A truly wonderful community

Nix

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nix wrote:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this gets through or not but if it does then thank you for your

responses. A truly wonderful community

Nix

It did!

shashort

Awe this is so sad.  I am so glad we were on this journey together.  You stayed in front of ne and paved the path to freedom.  Dang will miss seeing you in here my quit buddy.  I am proud of your 805 days of freedom.  Stay free my friend and hope some day you can get back in here.  Big hugs my friend.

maryfreecig

Somehow you are here...getting more mysterious by the hour. Happy 800 plus. I hope you can bust through the barriers anyway. Gotta be a way. Gotta.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

maryfreecig wrote:

Somehow you are here...getting more mysterious by the hour. Happy 800 plus. I hope you can bust through the barriers anyway. Gotta be a way. Gotta.

I posted this on behalf of Nix‌, per her request, because she cannot create anything on her own since she cannot get to the site.  For the time being, she can see your replies in notifications that appear in her email however and can reply to them using the reply by email function of the site to interact with things she's already subscribed to.

Mark
EX Community Manager

Nix

Ah, The magic and mysteries of technology

It's so reassuring that I can see replies and respond to them and for those

who have messaged me directly (pmed) I think I can respond to those too.

Please keep me in your thoughts and tag me for important milestones and

events. I will definitely be with you all in spirit and hopefully sometimes

in messages.

Mark you are an absolute star. Thank you

maryfreecig

Got it. Thanks.