cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checking in on day 170

Eric_L.
2 12 87

Been sporadically on here for a few minutes here and there the past couple days.

I have up days and medium days which is human.  I am continuing to throw rational thought, assertiveness and mindfulness at my anxious self-defeating stinking thinking.  I find that most of my catastrophizing revolves around insecurity about the same couple of things.  It's like my addict pops up every now and then to really mess with me.

HOWEVER, I am perfectly healthy and my wife likes me, and I have the power and choose to surrender my fear of making mistakes and my false beliefs to God.  I am a good person because a good person strives to be less selfish, rational and assertive.  Everything is exactly the way that it's supposed to be.

I may need a slight adjustment in my meds.  I see Dr. on Monday.  However, I think that it is natural that sometimes things will spook me if I lean toward being a bit neurotic.  I can countermeasure this by practicing the principles I mentioned in the last paragraph.  I GAIN PERSPECTIVE WITH TIME. 

I finished Slaughterhouse Five, the Rise of Darth Vader book and a book about Egyptology.  Now, I'm reading Star Wars Path of Destruction. 

Listened to the Flaming Lips Dark Side of the Moon garage rock take.  Some of it works great.

Our kitten, Scout is standing on me now kneading a blanket (probably taken from her mamma to soon).

New Doctor Who has been great.

Waiting for an opening at work for a promotion.

We had my nephews last weekend and saw them a few days ago and played Mario Maker for Wii U.  Totally awesome.

AND if you are still reading, know that we are awaiting the results of a blood test BECAUSE she tested posivtive on a home pregnance test!!!  We are happy but still guarded because it has been a long road.

12 Comments
Giulia

Ooooooooooooooooh, (yes I read to the end) THAT's exciting!  Fingers crossed for you both!

Barbara145

Hi Eric.  You sound wonderful.  I have my fingers crossed for you and your wife.  God bless you both!

TerrieQuit

Eric, You do sound great! and it's good to see you too! I read to the end too! Keep us posted! Prayers and thoughts to you both!. Have a peaceful evening! and congratulations on those 170 days! That fabulous, Eric!

Terrie  81  DOF

MarilynH

Fingers crossed on the blood work saying positive for a precious little bundle of joy and congratulations on 170 wonderful smoke free days and counting WTG eric. 

Marilyn 

Junior7

Congrats on both counts!  Hope the bloodwork comes out the way you want!

Courage

Fingers crossed! You're awesome, BTW 😉

cpsono

Eric, you sound great...I'm predicting that you will get good news about the blood test.  Best regards, CP

Thomas3.20.2010

I'll just say CONGRATS because I'm thinking positive about you and your Wife!

And Congrats on 170 Smoke FREE Days!

You are managing Anxiety very well from what I can see! It's kicking my behind right now but I battle on! If I could just r-e-l-a-x......

Best Wishes to you!

JACKIE1-25-15

Nice hearing from you Eric 1.  You are so profound.  Who would not read your blogs to the end.  Best wishes to you in all of your endeavors. Be blessed. Have a great weekend.

bonniebee

Sounds like very good news !!!!!! God bless you !

Congrats on 170 days nice to be past NML isn't it ?  🙂

marla_10.12.15

Hey Eric, you sound like you are doing great. Flaming lips rock! Your positivity is showing. Sounds like things are going really good for you. And maybe a baby! So exciting. God is good. Personally, my relationship with God, taking the right meds, and positive thinking all help my anxiety immensely. 

ihateit

Congrats eric! Super happy for you! It seems like all of your hard work (hehehe) is paying off! Keep going!