cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checking in at 22 days

Thyme
10 8 102

Made it through the third week. This past week was a lot easier than the first two. I woke up before my alarm feeling alert, awake, creative, alive and connected to God, and there was a time when I thought I needed a cigarette to get there first thing in the morning.

I am feeling more and more like a nonsmoker. There were a couple times over the weekend when my husband went out to smoke. Just 2 weeks ago I was literally crying because I felt so left out and was so afraid I’d be battling horrible cravings forever and feel so bored, lonely, and restless without being able to smoke. This weekend it was a non issue. On Saturday night I even worked on a task that I had been procrastinating on for a long time.

A new hobby I’ve latched onto in my quit is using Duo Lingo—it keeps my hands and brain busy and provides little rewards and a sense of achievement. I get on there every evening now. Evenings used to be so hard for me, feeling like I needed to smoke, or feeling so uncomfortable if I wasn’t smoking. Now I have this new thing that brings me joy.

I’m still using NRT, but I’m cutting back to 3 lozenges a day. And I’m still practicing my boundary of not purposely putting myself in a situation where I’ll be around anyone who is smoking and removing myself from the situation if it comes up unexpectedly.

Thanks to everyone here! This quit truly feels different than any of my many other attempts.

8 Comments