cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Cant Believe it

krystal-beavers
0 13 18

I am starting on day 6 and i really feel great. I am very proud of myself. Yes I told my husband yesterday and he had an attitude change. He has come around and he told me finally he was proud of my progress. He said i wasnt as grouchy as he thought i would be. To be honest he didnt notice anything until i told him. My children are very proud of old mom too. For the first time yesterday i actually got in line behimd someone at the grocery store and i could tell they smoked. I could smell it!! Then i thought oh great people used to stand behind me and say wow how many packs a day does she smoke? I never really noticed it before. Of course now i know i used to smell like a stale cigarette GROSS.

13 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

You're coming out of the Smoke Cloud! Great Job! Hang in there, Krystal! Go all the way!!!!

TracyB2

yea its weird how the smell is so strong to ya when you quit. I work in a grocery store and about 70% of the people in my line stink so bad I think most of it though is they smoke til they get to the door and put it out some keep the already smoked cigarette to light back up when they leave. That was another thing too even when I smoked I could not stand the smell of a cigarette that was already lit once and put out I would gag. I never would carry something like that around with me

cyn9

Ha,ha. I can smell a cigerette while driving down the street! A couple mths into my quit I would smell all kinds of weird smells. I washed and painted almost my whole house. 

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOODIE!!!

Strudel

Oh yes - that smell!!! I live with smokers and still am shocked when I smell it! Congrats to you!!!

Ex_Nancy

Even Febreeze can't kill it....the smell, eeeeeeewwwwww...

Amber4

You should be very proud of yourself!  Congrats on 6 days!! 

I smell smoke on people and am completely put off by it. But there was a time when I would love the smell and cerave a cigarette!  Crazy, isn't it??

Keep on Keepin' on!!

Lonita

Congratulations 6th day!~!,  It seems like I have the nose of a hound dog. I hate that smell and what's funny I hate going to walmart because they not only smell of smoke but the body odor lol. Then it's a blessing when you can really smell fresh flowers. I am happy for you. Just think day 10 is around the corner.

robinday61069

Oh yeah, the smell!  I hate the smell of butts so badly (even as a smoker) that I used an empty Cheetos can to fill it with butts that I saved a week before actually quitting.  When I had any cravings to smoke I opened the can and took a big whiff.  It cured me, I think.  lol Continue enjoying the "positives" of being a non smoker and remember the "negatives" of being a smoker and you will be well on your way to joining the ranks of those of us who are...ON THE OTHER SIDE.  Let your family know that you need all of their support and understanding right now and visit this site as much as you need to.

owlfeather

We are all very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TracyB2

that was a good idea robin

melissa131

That's great Krystal, especially bout the hubby. And yeah it IS gross. I noticed it before because at my work I go for about 6 hours with  out smoking sometimes. But now it's even grosser. for sure. 

@Robin, i read about that in the American Cancer Society book I had, they said put them in a jar, and then ad water, that is soooo gross. 

I just grossed out on butts, like Tracy said. 

Anyway keep it up Krystal, we are here, and if you have an urge, or a crave just post on here, help and we will all prop you up. Or if hubby has a change of attitude or something, we are here. 

caribegal1

Krystal, just keep on plugging!  Isn't it amazing about the smell?????  I can smell it a mile away and it was one of my listed reasons for quitting.