cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Can you Canoe.....Kayak?

EllenMT
0 16 59

Well after sitting on my butt for the past month I've put on some pounds and my three legged walks aren't burning enough calories or energy so after a little discussion with our own IrishRose, I've got a guy coming out to our place tomorrow and he is bringing three different kayaks for me to try, my 15 y/o next door neighbor is also bringing his on Saturday and it even has a sail.  Hubby wants to get a two seater but I can see me doing all the work after a reallyt short time, he has bad shoulders, I kinda like the angler models as I can fish and carry my Jack Russell in the storage area, she loves to boat and swim.  My neighbors is the time with the neoprene skirt more suited for rapids but he has rigged a sail for it for added speed.  I only have 13 miles to get to the Gulf of Mexico so the sail would come in handy for the trip back up river.  

I am so excited, I know I can learn this as I have a knack for anything that can move I can operate!  It is just a matter of what type I am most comfortable with.  It may be a week or more before I actually get one but at least I get to try it before I buy it.  WooooHooo it won't be long before I hit some class 5 rapids!

16 Comments
pir8fan

I can row a boat! Canoe?

Breakinchains

Would you have done something like this while you still smoked? Sounds like someone is experiencing a positive change in their life? You're free, have fun living! Good for you!

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO

I can duck

"kayak" "Kayak"

cyn9

Yipee! Sounds like fun!  Enjuoy yourself and catch some nice fish!

dodge315

While we were smokers-it's like being up the creek without a paddle...now you're kayaking!  Woo-hoo!

EllenMT

It is so wonderful to breath!

Dakota_Posse

Wow Ellen!   You go girl!!!!  That sounds like soooo much fun.  We all want an updated blog after you "try" it out!!  I'm so happy for you, my friend!   God Bless & be safe!!!!!!!

Cindy

maggie_8-1-2010

WOW!  talk about some energy. You go girl!

keptpromise

Sounds like fun, Ellen!  Good for you!  Please keep us updated.

jawidge

I use a sea kayak.  17 foot   23 inches in the beam. fiberglass..  We do modest amount in the open water, mostly tidal creeks and around small hammocks... It is awesome.  Can sneak up on birds and get close to dolphins all the time.  Hardly notice we are getting such a workout!   I plan to go tomorrow, I hope you find a whole new world with it .... I did.  BTW  my wife and I enjoy it .but we do have separate kayaks ..no doubles here either  🙂  have  a great smoke free weekend. I would probably take fishing back up if I had one of the kind that you are talking about. they seem like a great deal of fun. 

IrishRose

EllenMT‌ , well this is an old blog, eh, Ellen????  hahahahaha  Seven years ago, to be exact!  You gotta still be loving the kayaking.  So many adventures to go on in them.  You can paddle where no motor boat can go, and sneak up on all kinds of wildlife. 

Miss you, Dear Friend!!!

~ Irish

PS:  Stop by and say hi.   (((hug)))

OldBones-Larry

I would love to be out on the water once more. I think I need a larger craft than a kayak now though.

IrishRose

The ones I have are 10 foot, and they have lots of open leg room large enough to put my granddaughter on a cushion in there with me over seven years ago.  Old Town Vapor 10-foot.  I even go fishing in them.  You just have to remember to make sure the cricket cage lid is SECURLY attached.  Crickets bite too.   

~Irish Rose

JonesCarpeDiem

You have crickets in your river?

Did you decide on one yet?

IrishRose

You fish with the crickets, Carp Man!  hahahahaha

EllenMT

I'm hosting another Kayak adventure on the Rio Grande this weekend. We'll have the Pontoon and Jet Skis available to use plus I'll try out my new StandUp Paddle Board. Boston Butt on the Grill with Potluck sides. It's going to be a blast.