cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Can't a girl catch a break?

lpears
0 10 13

I have a bad case of Murphy's Law this morning. I had a CRAZY smokemare last night that took me a while to shake off. By the time it had left my mind, I had just gotten to school. I got stuck behind three smokers walking to my class and sat next to someone who smelt like an ash tray (the only available seat...go figure). 

I'm now working on homework. I have settled into THREE different areas around campus and the smoke smell still manages to find me inside. I can't catch a break! 

At least in an hour I will be back and home and won't have to smell all the stinkyness anymore! 

If I get stuck behind a smoker in traffic on the way home...I'm going to punch Murphy in the gut! Lol! 

The smell of cigarettes is actually giving me a headache instead of triggering a craving though. Here's to progress!!! 

10 Comments
phyllis-12-7-15

I think Murphy and old Nic Otine must be cousins LOL

HUGS

YoungAtHeart

It's GREAT that the smell of smoke is no longer triggering a crave.  I actually still LOVE the smell of a cigarette wafting on the breeze outside.  Doesn't cause a craving for me, either, though.

Good for US!

Nancy 

Angel.wings

Use that awful smell to be thankful that you no longer smell like that 🙂 

LouiseR

Put a dab of vicks under your nose.  It really does help!

jhardin20

I hear what you are saying.  The first couple of weeks the smell wasn't so bad but now it almost makes me kind of ill.  I was kind of laughing about how it seemed like you couldn't shake the cigarette smell or smoke?  I was just talking to a friend of mine about this last night how cigarette smoke always follows the non smokers.  Now it happens to me.  If I am hanging out with some of my friends who still smoke I swear that smoke tries to swirl around me.  If I am out in public and I walk by someone who is smoking I swear the smell and the smoke follow me in to the building everytime.  Yuk and double yuk!

Now we know how all the non smokers felt when we would smoke and our smell and cig smoke would follow them or swirl around them.

You are doing great!  I think it's awesome how our sense of smell coming back makes the smell of cigs so bad.  Woo Hoo.  Good luck!

cory-3-10-13

Even though I'm sure it must be super annoying smelling smoke everywhere, that DOES sound like progress! Good job protecting your quit!

JonesCarpeDiem

vicks

now you'll find out what it was really for! lolol

lpears

Vicks is a great idea! I just put some in my backpack to fight off future attacks from Murphy. You are totally right Phyllis! Murphy and Nic Otine are cousins!!! It would make a lot of sense! 

GreenThumb3

Long distance smoke still kinda smells good to me but up close I agree is horrible and so strong we should be happy we don't like it 

linda258

Only a little over a month ago ... you were the smoker.. Keep that vision in your head to motivate onward.... Good Job!