cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Calm at last

fiveblessings
0 6 13

The last week and a half I felt very on edge, not myself, and scattered. Today I woke up feeling a little more myself and I am so glad. There are still some moments that are pretty white-knuckle (stress and driving are still triggers) but all in all I feel quite proud of myself and secure in my quit. My birthday is Wednesday and I succeeded in my goal of being quit before that day. On that day I will be on day 21, and I use the saying that it takes 21 days to build a habit as a mantra to keep me going during the rough patches. My new habit is being an ex-smoker and I couldn't be happier. Thank God for this site. It has been a wonderful support and a fun distraction. I'm going on 3 weeks and I feel fine!

Thank you, my friends.

6 Comments
fiveblessings
(((Doreen)))
Thank you. You are an inspiration!
jessica9
i know exactly what you mean about having the full-time position of an ex. i'm loving it soo much! i'm on my first 2 weeks going for my 3rd by then i'll be a pro at this game, it's soo fun to get help from others love it, for this type of job you need lots of support cannot do this all by yourself, well.....you can but its alot better to have someone by your side.
jessica9
forgot to say...hope the very best for you in this journey!!

**best of luck**

>jessica
linda78
i think you're both doing great, I hope to be in your place very soon. Best of luck to you both
brenda6
I am happy for the both of you. Hopefully I will be saying those things in June. This is the hardest thing I think I have ever had to do. I'd rather give birth than this. But since I can't do that any more.....I have no support so I have to come here for some. Work will be the hardest tiem to deal with since most of them smoke. And if I am out of smokes they gladly give me 1. I am very happy for both of you.
~*~God Bless You~*~
fiveblessings
Thanks you all for the lovely support. It does feel good, doesn't it, jessica?