Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Calling all quitters

avjets
0 7 18

Hello All,

I joined this site 1 year ago today and quit for about 5 months.  Since then it has been an on again off again battle.  Sometimes a fe weeks sometimes a day or two.  I know I can do this.  I read the Allen Carr book and watched the youtube program so I think I am set with that.  I will quit starting tomorrow and I know I can do it (no I will or i'll try, but I know.  Looking for any advice, resources, and insight on how to make this my last quit.  I am sick of this poison and need to start living my own life.

Thanks,

Sean

7 Comments
elvan

Prepare Sean, have a little quit kit, know what you will do instead of smoking when a crave hits.  Will you take a shower, do jumping jacks, stick your head in the freezer and look around, get on EX and blog, put HELP in the subject...bite into a lemon, rind and all. Know your triggers and have your plan.  I had failed quits before this one and this time I have been quit for over 500 days after smoking on and off, mostly on, for 47 years.

You are the only one who owns this quit, you are the only one who can keep it or throw it away, we are all here to support you in any way that we can.

YoungAtHeart

Please spend a little time going over what contributed to your past lost quits.  Once you understand what it was, make a plan for each of those circumstances for what you will do differently THIS time. 

Keep your list of reasons for quitting handy, and a list of activites to use as distractions when craves get difficult.  One thing you can do is say aloud, "I don't DO that anymore!" and then get busy!

Success or failure at this is entirely in your hands.  You are the only person who can allow yourself to smoke - so just don't  - NO MATTER WHAT!

Nancy

avjets

Thanks all really good tips

al_44

You can do this. I did and it was in large part to this site. I know that it is hard to imagine now but you will be glad that you did. It is hard but possible.. 

Eric_L.

bookend your days here doing blogging

linda.mustafa

Hi Sean, I think I remember you from last summer...Glad you're back!

All of the advice above is great but remember to stay willing and determined in your quit in order to succedd !

Don't think of your past quits -focus on this one as if was your first one, implement everything you've learned from previous quits and have your tools handy for when it gets difficult , which you know doesnt last forever.

All the best

Linda