cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

CANDYLANCE IS BACK AND TURNING 70!!!

candylance
0 21 31

Lois and I have so much in common it seems!! We go on and off the wagon when it comes to smoking. I wanted one as soon as I got out of the hospital!! Sickening Sickerettes!! Addiction Hell!!

Have had bronchitis for 6 weeks and was to have surgery this Monday! My pulmonary doctor wouldn't clear me to be anesthetized so here I am!! My daughter is upset, my husband is upset because i told him this morning that he could only smoke outside PLEASE!! My anxiety is thru the roof because my shrink is trying to change my meds that got me straight in the hospital. I WILL SURVIVE according to Gloria Gaynor's song. I have a growth (tumor) in my gallbladder and won't know if it's cancer until it's out!! The doctor's at Duke got the pancreatitis under control and I have to take meds with every food that i put in my mouth!!

I am proud to quit and start over again for ME, my daughter, my grandkids and my Hubby will smoke less if outside!! So glad you're still here for me!! I've been a Facebook junkie and I'd rather be an EX junkie!!

21 Comments
elvan

Congratulations on turning 70, Candy, I am really happy for you.  I hope your health issues get under control soon.  Gallbladder surgery should be able to be accomplished through a scope so anesthesia would not need to be for long, however, there is no way I would agree to be put under if there was any active issue with my lungs.  

freeneasy

Happy Birthday Candy! Thinking about you and wishing you well.

Magstoyou

Candy

Happy 70th  Birthday my friend!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!! I have a son in law that has Pancreatitis and I know it is painful. Hope you feel better soon and they get your health issues under control!!

Have a great Birthday

Love Ya Mag

JonesCarpeDiem

Happy Birthday!

Let's quit the s*** and keep the quit 🙂

Onward and Upward!

Barbara145

Hi Candy!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  So glad you are back and o.k.  You can do this!

ihateit

Hi Candy, Happy Birthday! I hope it is a special day! -Kerrie

robo3

The very best to you and Happy Birthday.  I've been out of touch busy, travel, helping sister with health issues and fighting off the nicodemon day 89 and could light up right now. Many thoughts and wellness wishes

MarilynH

Happy birthday to you, I hope that you are having a wonderful day. 

Giulia

Happy Birthday Candy.  As you already know, quitting is the greatest gift you can give to yourself.  And being an EX Junkie is the best jukie to be!

YoungAtHeart

rosemarymom

Hey, Candy!  Glad to see you back!  I am right up there with you anad Lois, only I don't blog about all my failures.  I will get there yet - here's to quitting foever!

Happy Birthday

jacks1125

always a pleasure to hear from u,Happy birthday...wishing you many many more!!

SimplySheri
Happy birthday, Candy!
bonnie-12-28-14

Happy Birthday!!  After I had my husband only smoke outside he quit after a few months.  So you never know.  

Have a great day.  Enjoy it!!

Chris265

Happy Birthday – you persistent thing you!  Keep up the good work!

JACKIE1-25-15

God bless you , Happy Birthday, Glad you are back.

JACKIE1-25-15

God bless you , Happy Birthday, Glad you are back.

sparky26

Wow , lots going on . Wishing the best for you on you Birthday and through all the other mess. As for your husband .…tell him sparky said boohoo.

LouiseR

Candy, Happy Happy Birthday dear lady.  You are always in my prayers. Wishing you the best my friend!

Thomas3.20.2010

Hi, Candy!

It's about time you booted Hubby out the dorr for his smokes! That is a Big Change in your attitude and willingness to face your Health Challenges. Time to get serious! 70 is young and you can have many good Years ahead if you take care of your Body! 

Happy Birthday!

Ladybug--7-3-12

OK Ms. Candy.  No wonder I was confused!?!  Your birthday is July 20th (& yes, you will be turning 70 years young then) so I'll just wait till then to celebrate it with YOU.  🙂

As you know, June 6th is a special day in my 3D (as well as today the 8th) so I shall have high expectations that you keep this quit day!  You CAN do it once & for all!   

Prayers & hugs for you always.  (Back into the shadows/pm status I go!).  Patty