Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Busy week

elims-09-14-13
0 7 8

I can't remember when I wrote last. Monday all over again. 🙂

We spent one day doing yard work at my parents' house and then drove through the worst hail storm I have ever been in on the way home. We got home just fine and even the McVenture seems unscathed. Had to ring up and write off thousands of dollars worth of plants from the damage at work though.

One day I got to visit my boy and he is officially out of "boys" clothing. He is growing so fast. a young man all the sudden. Things are hard for him but he is working.

Worked lots of hot days in the garden and people were flat out GRUMPY! argh. If it's too hot for you then stay home. Sheesh. Can't let them get to me though.

And I got to take my little Princess to a Ball. It was so much fun. I loved seeing all the dads who dressed up and I was not the only mom and we danced and we laughed and she met and got her picture with Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Cinderella and Rapunzel. 

Today I tooted my own horn with my bosses and showed them that I am ranked 9th in the district (that's 10 stores I think) on something that is very important to them - and that doesn't include June's numbers. I got an award after pointing it out to them - which wasn't my goal - I am very competitive and very proud of myself - but was nice. It also made it a touch easier to hand in the letter I had written over the weekend about the chaos our department head has caused - I could honestly say I am still doing my job to the best of my ability - and had the stats to show it. I was told that my letter was well written, factual and appreciated. Here is hopin htere is no retaliation. I know I did the right thing and that is what really matters.

oh -and I have just not smoked every single day for 289 days - great googly. 

7 Comments
About the Author
I quit with the help of Chantix on September 14, 2013. I did the pledge. I wrote. I answered other people. I had to teach myself that smoking didn't actually make anything easier or better. I learned other coping techniques. I made friends here. I just didn't smoke each day.