cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Breaktime

marshduck
0 5 11

I am coming up on my first non-smoking breaktime ... I used to always go outside with my friend from work at 10am daily to have a cigarette. She doesn't smoke, so that's helpful. I think that we are going to take a walk around the building instead.

Last cigarette was 11:17 last night. Just starting to get a headache and have felt pretty anxious and disconnected all morning.

Coincidentally, I get these "Daily Truths" in my email every morning, and yesterday's seemed quite appropriate for quitting smoking:

5 Comments
TheNewMe_Jo

Congrats on day1!

Stay positive and true to your quit no matter what/ Read my blog on day 5, how I felt.. it was instant... you just get better everyday.. and notice it too.

My mind is still zoning out, no more headaches,or shakes. Im not sleepin well, thats my worst one. I will take that over cancer and emphysema any day 🙂

welcome...

just keep reading and stay with us..

Im new myself...

Jo

SarahP

What a lovely and timely thought!  You're doing great, the first few days are the hardest, so stay strong and remember the bigger goals you're striving for. Going for a walk around the building is an excellent idea, and drink lots of water when you get back inside!

You can do this!  You ARE doing this!!

lolo1019

Congrats on your first day as a non-smoker and welcome to the site!

Write on here whenever you need some inspiration or advice and if you are craving for a cigarette spend some time on the site to get your mind off of smoking. These people started out as strangers, but now are my main support group.

You are strong and can handle this! Don't let cigarettes control you! You can do this!

loveoflyfe43

Yay! on your first of many days to come.  You are stronger than you know...you will do this!!! We're all here rooting for you!

Strudel

I LOVE this! I have lots of notes and things I have saved during the past year - this has just been added!!

Congrats on your quit!!!