cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Breakthrough Update!

annb
0 22 111

Well im a wee bit wound up today!! just a little bouncing off the walls!  could it be .... "natural Dopamine"?  I can't quite believe it and I'm almost afraid to say anything but I so want to share this!  Since almost falling off the side of the cliff the other day I am doing great!  I'm having very few craves now. Honestly I was at the end of my own strength and I think the Good Lord did step in!!!!  This is such a crazy addiction!  The only crave I'm getting now is I think of having a cigarette to celebrate NOT wanting a cigarette!! Nutty!  Anyway you guys know I've been a little wobbly all along but things they are a changing. This girl is headed to TDC!  Thank you thank you everyone for your loving support!!! And I just want to say to any and all struggling today. Don't give up. Keep pushing through. We can DO this!!!  Yippie. Getting a real taste of the Freedom feels amazing!!!

22 Comments
joyamber

Love your post! We can Do this! 

rosemarymom

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!  TDC, here comes Ann!  So happy for you!  Love ya, girl!

Junior7

Awesome!  Have a great day!

Storm.3.1.14

Smoking to celebrate quitting? Oh, yes. Been there, thought that. Crazy! And I'm glad that you're seeing through the crazy, too.

linda258

You are right in the middle of NML ... so all the reactions you are describing are normal.  The trick is holding on to your quit .. as you start to understand that there will be good days and bad... with good days coming more often.  You also start to understand that you can get through the craves and this helps with the bad days come as you will know if you just glide through you will come out on the other side.

Keep adding the days ... one day at a time.

Courage

Wow, someone jumped start Miss Ann today, but we'll take it as long as she's feeling good!

xoxo

annb
Hey My Courage, that's a good way to describe it. I'm scratching my head going WTH? But yeah I will take it. Prob will crash later and be writing to you in tears!!! Lol
Pops

You are such a "babe"!  TDC for Ann...breaking on through to the other side, break on through, break on through....Remember the Doors singing that song?  They had you in mind Ann.

Congrats & it's good that you're not a spun monkey today huh?  lol

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Pops

freeneasy

There are good days and bad days. Smoking will not make a bad day better or a good day better. Just get by one day at a time and remember "you don't have to do that any more". Just keep your eye on the prize. FREEDOM!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Uh, Wha????? Spun Monkey?????????????????????

smorgy8513

You funny lady!

annb
Yes what IS a spun monkey. Or do we want to know??
elvan

Congratulations, Ann, so incredibly happy that you are feeling this "high"..it's amazing, you are definitely headed to TDC and each one of your days is making you stronger.

I'm not sure about the spun monkey either but I don't think I want to be one.

XOXOXO

linda.mustafa
Hahahaha 'Spun Monkey', no idea but funny anyhow....So pleased and happy for you Ann, you even cheered me up as I was feeling a bit 'weird' to say the least-you know how it is 'up and down up and down ......:)
annb
Oh good Linda M. I know. This is the first time I've had a real honest happy "high" tho. It's kinda scaring me!!! Lol. Enjoy it while it lasts. A good day in the neighborhood. 🙂
linda.mustafa

Definitely enjoy it dear, you so deserve it 🙂

Strudel

Yippie indeed! This journey to freedom brings so many thoughts and feelings..... You are doing fine! It will get better and better! TDC here you come! 

karen230

So glad for you, Ann! Love hearing you feeling so good. Keep adding onto those wonderful days of freedom!

Magstoyou

Woo Hoo Ann-enjoy those days, take advantage of them!!

Keep going forward, you are at a good place!!!

Mag336d

annb
Thank you so much everybody. I appreciate you "celebrating" with me!!! Looking forward to continuing the journey with all of you!!! oxoxox
moody_9-18-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBwpPu6SHd8

Love is all around, no need to waste it, you can have the town, why don't you take it, you're gonna make it afterall 🙂

love ya,

Moody

Sammy.J
Amen!! I'm so anticipating that natural high...I'm happy for you Ann! You deserve it