cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bonfire and how it Works!

pir8fan
0 57 744

We are going to have a bonfire on Friday July 5th at 7 PM Estern time! The whole site is not only invited , but EXpected!! And that means you!!

I will light the fire on my blog at about 7:00PM! Everyone should bring their own fuel for the fire! We burn up your unsmoked cigarettes! Not ones that have laying around the house(I hope to God you don't have any of those), but the ones you would have smoked if you had not quit! For EXample it you have been quit for 100 Days, and you were smoking a pack a day(20 cigarettes) You wiould have 100 X 20 = 2,000 unsmoked cigarettes to throw in the fire! If you need math help let me know!!

There will lots of people at this event! We will have music links for music lovers! We will have food for those of us who like to eat! I am betting there will be Frozen Margaritas with EXtra salt(don't tell Sandy) and other adult beverages for the "cyber-imbibers"(new word??)! There will be Diet Coke for Maggie and Chocolate Milkshakes for Stacie! You are required to have fun, whether you like it or not!!

The most important thing is to get everybody involved, for whatever time they can spare! In the past we have EXceded 1,000,000 unsmoked nasties in the bonfires! I hope we can set a new all time record with this one! In order to make this happen, we have to all contact our friends, and make sure that everyone shows up! Keep after your friends until you get a committment! If some one can not attend, get them to give you their totals, so you can bring their contribution to the fire with you! All contributions must come from our members!

It is going to be BLAST! I EXpect and hope to see all of you there! Now go out and spread the word! If I may quote my dear late friend Dawn here: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    Tommy

Tags (1)
57 Comments
nanawendy

I'll be there Tommy, I love extra salt on my Margaritas 

tracyb316

looking forward to it  ty for the invite

lindan_7-14-10

another...I'm already there and I am bringing my margaritas with me...love you "sweetman"♥♥♥

Patty-cake

I'll be there will bells on and I've got lots of unsmoked to burn!!!!!!

Easy on the salt for my margaritas.

phyllis-12-7-15

Looking forward to it.

motherlovebone

I think a virtual margarita will be exactly what I need.  I will only have a few days on the 5th...but every little bit counts, right?!?  lol
xo~mlb

SkyGirl

You said "margaritas".  So you KNOW I'll be there, my dear Tommy! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooo,   Sky

Michwoman

Here's my RSVP - I will be there!!!! WooHoo!! Can't wait!

Strudel

I'm in Tommy! 

Nyima_1.6.13

Boo Hoo! 😞 I will be at a very remote lake cabin and probably won't have access to the site! FYI: your 'quit plan' page...lower left corner will do calculations for you! I would be stokin' the flames with....ugh,are you ready for this.....5370 unsmoked sickorettes! The good news, I didn't smoke them and I am now a wealthy women!?! My wallet and my spirit are currently bulging!

pseudotodd

Are newbies allowed?? If so, I'm in!!

flaroyale

I will be there for sure

Nyima_1.6.13

Are newbies allowed? Are you kidding, we have so many people starting this week it should be in your honor!!! Congrats to everyone starting their new smoke free life tomorrow and through the next week! This is curious to me because it seems like more new folks than at the New Years bonfire for sure!?!

lindan_7-14-10

ANTICIPATION

jensteff

I will be here. That is my quit date and I can't think of a better way to begin the journey.

jensteff

I love your sense of humor, Nyima!

flybygirl43

I will have company but I'm gonna try to sneak away and attend for a little while!!  Sounds so fun.  I will have 750 ciggarettes to burn!!!  Yay!!

Mothergoose9

Will most definitely be stoppiing by!!!!!  Thanks for thinking of me!!!!!  😄

newlife5

im looking forward to it... is that 5:00 pm eastern or pacific time sorry i just lookedn back  7/5/13 7pm eastern...i,ll be there... but i might be late.. 7pm eastern is 4 pm pacific...b ut ill be there

misty_dawn

🙂

anniexhx

il be there tommy 🙂

gayvenda
Up or down, planning on joining!
kathy_ryz

Count me in to celebrate today's quit date!! I can add 50 to the bonfire with many more to follow next bonfire!

Dakota_Posse

Not sure what time I'll get there but I WILL get there!  I'll have over 26,000 unsmoked sickorettes to throw in!!!!

I will also be drinking those margaritas Tommy so don't be hogging them all!!!!

Love ya pirate man......

ShawnP

Looking forward to it!

wishingstar

Sounds cool

karenkc1

I will be there!!!!  My 1st bonfire 🙂

mary242

count me in! I cant wait! thanks for the invite, Boss!!

joyeuxencore

All in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

Mike.n.Atlanta

I'll be there but don't stand too close to the fire when I throw mine in. It's gonna be like the birthday cake with 95 candles on it.

KOKO,

M n @

really66

Sounds like a plan !!! 

Leeza

imageTommy... Regretfully, I won't be able to attend so I'd really appreciate it if you would toss in 5440 for me.  It's great to be rid of them but when you toast your marshmallows on the fire they taste a bit strange.  Hope this won't lead to a relapse.

Legend

Tommy I don’t know if I will be here on July 5th or not. My mom is going into the hospital on July 3 for surgery and she should be home by the 5th but if things go wrong and she does not make it I will not be celebrating anything anywhere. If I don’t make it to your bonfire by 11:59pm central time you have my permission to toss my cigarettes in the fire. I quit smoking on October 31, 2008 and smoked 1 pack a day 20 cigarettes per box if you want to add up the actual amount not smoked somehow or you can toss what I have as of right now and that amount of unsmoked cigarettes is 34094.

I hope to be at the Bonfire but if I’m not you will know why. See ya 

barbara42

hope to see you at the bon-fire Christine, if not my prayers are with you, Linda, i want one of your Margarita,s i will see you all there !

johio

I'm In

luisdeleon619

i am looking forward  how are you 

beccas

Sounds like it's gonna be a heck of a bonfire. It's hard to imagine how many packs of smokes will be going up in smoke.  I myself will be contributing 10.5 packs and I will have only been quit a week.  If eveyone shows up, it's gonna be 100 ft. high.  Now that's a bonfire....better have the Fire Department on standby.

Looking forward to it.!

Becca~

Susie49

I will be with you at the fire along with (98 days) worth of cigs!! Have you noticed a lot of Minnesota residents as newbes? The price of cigs went up by $1.91 per pack.  Sure am glad I was ahead of the game for a change....Feeling good and doing good as well! NOPE.....Susie

francis2013

I was smoking about 30 cigarettes a day before I quit and I kind of don't understand the math process that you used as an example. I would like to attend this bonfire this Friday providing that I am not to busy doing my homework for my online college classes. If you can do the math for me I sure would appreciate it so that I can give my total toward that bonfire fun in case I am not able to attend.

Ex_Nancy

Thanks for letting me know Tommy! I'll be there until about 8pm.  ♥

caz75

As im new to the site im not really sure what this isall about but will check it out and contribut how ever i can!

I will have clse to 200 unsmokes cigs by then, so burn, baby burn!!

zinamarie

Hi Tommy!  I can't Wait.  I love the bonfires so count me in!  Since I can virtually drink and not hurt my kidneys or my liver I would like a naked, dry, vodka martini with two olives!  Not asking for much I know. 

PROTECT YOUR QUIT!

wishingstar

I'm galdyou  waited a few days. Because I requit, so I can actually toss some in the fire.

Sounds cool and a Good way to keep distracted., When I'm notworking I live on here 🙂

Renee working on day 2

Joan_01-02-2015

I guess I better start doing some math!!  Looking forward to it and I'll have mine on ice;)  Thanks Tommy!!

indingrl

lol thanks pir8fan God willing i will try-if library is open♥

kshields59

Plan on being there, Sounds pretty cool.   Take care.

Carenda

I'll be there.

smcmurdo
Sounds great!
caz75

Im still not sure hiw this binfire works but im in,....   i will have close to 200 to throw in, which is amazing to  me!

Hope to see you there!!''' 🙂 

caz75

Oh, Happy 4th everyone!!  🙂