Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bonfire!!!! Happy 4th of July!!!

ShawnP
6 219 1,486
   Freedom is a choice
   Independence is PRICELESS!

Come celebrate your Independence!!! Now let's get this bonfire blazing!!!

Your fuel for the fire is.....Number of days that you are smoke free x the number of cigarettes that you used to smoke per day.

Tags (1)
219 Comments
meWisconsin
293 days of freedom at 30/day = 8790 cigarettes not smoked. Add them to the fire.
linda.mustafa

Hi Shawn-Glad I got to be here when your bonfire night started-but I've also left you a message just in case (-:

Here we go 15 Months x roughly 20 =9,260 unburned poison sticks----Take them and burn them awayyyyyy....

Have a great 4th of July dear x

ShawnP

Good evening to all!! I needed some help dumping these sickorettes hehe

I am Shawn - Free and Healing for Three Years, Three Months, Eighteen Days, 18 Hours and 5 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 83 Days and 15 Hours, by avoiding the use of 24095 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $6,901.99.

ShawnP

@ LInda....I wasn't sure so i was going to wait for awhile anyhow in case you came. Glad that you made it!!!

pir8fan

Here comes the Freedom Dumptruck with my 80,430 unsmoked nasties!

ShawnP
ShawnP

wooooow tommy....that fire just got bigger!!

ShawnP

Are you all hungry????

heres a little bit to get you started. I will be taking special requests too!

this is build your own dog!!!

ShawnP
MarilynH

I love bon fires and I also love the fact that I have not smoked 10,680 since I quit smoking 356 days ago at 30 cigs a day  please add them to the bon fire. What a wonderful way to spend your 4th of July. 

smorgy8513

That's how many my Sista from another Mista  (Marilyn/Marmac) wanted me to throw in for her.

I'll be back later to get rid of mine.

Sharon

ShawnP

anybody thirsty??

ShawnP

Ms j wanted me to light a sparkler for her but does anybody have her numbers??

ihateit

Hey friends, lots to catch up on, but I would not miss this bonfire!

74 days of freemdom x 18/day= 1332 not smoked

Burn those nasty cancer sticks!!!!!!!!!

Happy fourth of july everyone!!!

ShawnP

I posted this via facebook the other week. These fireworks are awesome! i especially love the hearts 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oLpXMuJSQ

Barbara145

Hey.  Let's get this party started.  I gratefully dump 18, 900 cigarettes not smoked, about 30/day for 631 days of not smoking!  I built my dog with chili and onions.  so good.  Thank you!

Breakinchains

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Smoke-free for 2291 days X 20/day = 45,820 cigs not smoked.

You can do this!

ShawnP

YUMMY!!!

As i was looking for the pic above, i found this, too funny!

ShawnP

Jojo couldn't make it tonight but wanted me to toss in 31, 516  for her!!!

Storm.3.1.14

Happy Independence Day, my fellow villagers!

I have set up a picnic table, and covered it with newspapers. Now, I am dumping out a big cast iron kettle full of Frogmore Stew, one of the most traditional and deeply cultural dishes of South Carolina. You eat it with your hands, so please...dig in!

And, of course, I've iced enough sweet Carolina tea for everyone...

Help yourselves, y'all, while I get my bonfire cracklin', and go fetch the wheelbarrows full of unsmoked cigarettes. Be back in a bit...

Jennifer-Quit

Oh wow - so very honored to make this my second bonfire - I was a newby last year - and now I am an elder - even though I dont feel like one - lol - 429 days x 20 per day = 8580 that I wil happily toss into the fire!

Giulia

Hey Shawn, Hey Tommy,  thanks for hosting this Bonfire!

Bringing in a truck load of

unsmoked

Giulia - Free and Healing for Nine Years, Four Months, Three Days, 18 Hours and 34 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 355 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 102383 rolled up pieces of burning carcinogens that would have cost me $13,788.23 and shortened my life.

ShawnP
Giulia

Here are some colorful munchies -

ShawnP

oh wow, i am going to have some of that tea Storm! sounds great!

@ Jennifer, glad to have you back again. Its always great to get everybody together to celebrate freedom. what a great day to do it, too!

Giulia

Some more beverages!

ShawnP

I have a truck if anybody needs to borrow it!

Giulia

And flags!

ShawnP
Giulia

And Hats!

ShawnP

Heres a variety of cakes

ShawnP

In 8 minutes starts the Boston pops....here is the live stream if you want to watch!

http://bostonpopsjuly4th.org/

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Everyone!

Happy 4th of July!

Independent of cigarettes for 3105 days..

62,100 unsmoked cigarettes at a pack a day.

Giulia

What a cool link to provide, Sean, that Boston Pops live stream!!!

YoungAtHeart

I will contribute 30,660.  Watch out for the flameout!

ShawnP

NanaWendy couldn't be here tonight and asked me to throw in 18,240 cigarettes! She also requested a cowboy.........so Nana, here is your cowboy and he is cooking for all of us tonight!

oh wait, he isn't a cowboy but this one is.........

ShawnP

It is Giulia...they only televise it there in boston now. Live stream on net everywhere else. Michael Cavanaugh will be on stage playing. He is the son in law of my friend. He used to come to our church at xmas and play piano as a duet with his mother in law. I am glad to see how popular he is now!

pir8fan

Loan me the truck Shawn! I will go pick up Sootie's!

ShawnP
Michwoman

OK here I am at 880 days of wonderful smoke-free freedom!!!!  That's at LEAST:

17,600 unsmoked nasty sticks

$5,720.00 saved

1,466 Hrs + 40 Mins of time not spent smoking!!

LET FREEDOM RING!!!

Hopeful36

Here tossing in 1248 sickerettes. So great to be celebrating 104 days of freedom in the land of the FREE! 

Terri103

30 x 78 days= 2340 of those coffin nails.   I tossed in a couple M-80's so:  KABOOM BOOM ECHO ECHO.   huh? What did you say? 

Giulia

Michwoman

And here are Al's wonderful freedom Stats:

825 days of wonderful smoke-free freedom!!!!  That's at LEAST:

16,500 unsmoked nasty sticks

$5,362.50 saved

1,4375 Hrs of time not spent smoking!!

WE'VE GOT THIS AND SO DO YOU!

Strudel

Thanks Shawn and Tommy! I have 1,848 days of freedom and that equals 36,960 cigarettes not smoked! 

Giulia

Giulia

Here's a gal for te guys!

ShawnP

Stacie is travelling today and can't be here!! she has 8,201 nasty smokes!

Giulia

Rock on - back later......

pir8fan

First count!!!  559,515

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later