Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

BobbiBillard Archived Profile

BobbiBillard
0 0 18

Description

This USED to be ME but...

I Quit Smoking Cigarettes On July 22nd, 2008! Woohoo! Wish me luck! 🙂

I wrote that sentence almost one year ago & guess what! I am still a non smoker to this day. I can't believe it! I finally was able to quit for good & the desire is gone. Sayonara!

I started smoking when I was 17. I knew better than to start smoking. We were taught in school that it was bad for you. Unfortunately, I tried clove cigarettes thinking I was so cool. I didn't know that cloves had nicotine in them & were just as addictive as cigarettes. I mean, my mom had cloves in her spice rack in the kitchen. I thought it was just a spice. Stupid me didn't realize what I was doing to myself & before long it was too late & I was already hooked on nicotine. I ended up switching over to regular cigarettes since the cloves were always hard to find (especially when I ran out. It was easier to bum a Marlboro over a Djarum) & the rest is history. Most of the time I was a smoker I hated it & was actively trying to quit. I quit for a year once when I was on the tv show WOW Women of Wrestling but went back to it after a few drinks one night celebrating our first wrestling match. I thought I could just smoke one or be the type of smoker that only smoked when she drank. I couldn't have been more wrong!

I tried almost every method to quit smoking: Nicorette Gum, the patch, Wellbutrin, Freedom Laser, hypnosis, & cold turkey. Chantix was the only thing that put me in the mindset that I have now. I must say if you need help with quitting, Chantix really works! Best stuff I ever took to help me quit. I highly recommend it.

I know now that even one cigarette puff would be detrimental to all the work that I have put in so far & I'm not willing to go back to square one again. Not to mention, there are so many benefit to quitting. I was an asthmatic but now I don't have problems with that anymore. Plus, I have a little dog that probably would have gotten cancer from second hand smoke had I continued. This is the single best thing I've ever done for my health, my family, & the people/animal that I love. Let me know if you need support with your decision to stop quit by posting a comment for me. I will be here for you.

www.myspace.com/bobbibillard image
Smoking = Epic FAIL!

These are a few of my favorite things...

image image

Brief Description

Your Very Own Bobbi Doll

Website

http://www.bobbibillard.com

las vegas, nv

Interests

working out, fitness, interior design, dogs, reading, writing, fine dining, red wine

Skills

modeling, acting, social networking, internet marketing

About the Author
Model, actress and former professional wrestler turned interior designer, published author, real estate, crypto, & stock investor. @BobbiBillard everywhere on the internet. Celebrated my 10 year quit anniversary July 22, 2018 and I am still going strong! I have 15+ years of being tobacco/smoke free as of my last visit here.