cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Blue Valentine

laurie37
0 5 14

We went to Blue Valentine yesterday and I loved it!!!! But I was quite horrified at "Dean" holding a cigarette with his young daughter! :0 There was also an older smoker on oxygen. Am I just starting to notice this more since I quit?

5 Comments
IrishRose

No, Laurie, it's not just you.  I never noticed people smoking before I quit.  Now, I notice windows of cars cracked with smoke billowing out as the smoker drives on down the road.  I notice parents holding a child in one arm, and the other arm swinging a cigarette around.  What I love to watch is the way people who smoke and know I quit squirm all around trying to control the smoke to keep it from coming any where near me.  That's funny to watch, but I end up telling them to quit trying, because they are driving themselves crazy with their efforts to keep the smoke away from me. 

dana52

I seem to notice it more since I quit, but I think in my case it's because of withdrawls. I can smell them from far away.  I am so glad they are not making ads geared toward kids anymore. My kids are really happy we quit. I saw an attracive young woman in a car smoking at the mall, and I thought she would have looked a lot better without it. (you know you're getting old when 20 looks so young)

Strudel

I also have noticed things about smokers much more since my quit........very strange!

onvacation

Me too!  Driving home today I notice all these cars with cigs poking out the window - not a good look!

gaills

They seem to come out of the woodwork.  I'm sure I'm just noticing it more.