cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Blogging

beckola55
0 18 78

Thank you all for making me feel like I will succeed this addiction, everyone has been so helpful an friendly. I am still learning the site and I keep getting everyone telling me to blog! I have never blogged in my life! As I am typing this I am only hoping that I am doing it in the right place! I have been getting helpful links and other aids to help me educate myself on my addiction. I have also been reducing my intake daily but still find that the want is there... As i near my quit date I am fearing that the want will be stronger than I am. I need to wipe those negative thoughts from my mind maybe as you have all directed me blogging might help to dissolve those nrgatives and reinforce the possitives. My parents were both smokers for years my father died in 1999 from having a coughing attack while in the hospital with pnemonia, he had a massive heart attack. I DO NOT want that to be me. I keep that in my mind to keep me possitive on my decision to get this monkey off my back. I have also noticed that since I have made the decision to quit I am seeing more and more commercials pertaining to quitting they probably have been there all a long but I am noticing them now.

I have been exploring everyones stories and can honestly say that knowing I am not in this alone is a comforting thought. I only wish I could reach through my computer and grab someone to be be side me when I feel the need to smoke! 

Again thank you everyone for the support to keep me strong... I pray every day for the good lord to help me change the things I can. And smoking is one of those things I can change.

18 Comments
OldBones-Larry

You did just fine. Welcome to the community.

If you need help, just post with help in the subject and someone will be there as fast as they can to try to help.

Larry

Strudel

Perfect! Welcome to the site! You are in the right place! I smoked for 40 years - I came here, did the prep work ( free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf) and I quit! That was over 3 years ago! You can do this - just be sure to stay close - and read! 

I love the picture of your Golden! Mine - the dog on the right in my avatar picture - looked a lot like yours....she passed away 2 and a half years ago - still miss her! 

Again - welcome! 

Thomas3.20.2010
Yea, Becky!!! You are now an official blogger!!! Fear us natural but you'll be surprised that the first days are very doable! Keep reading- it helps sooooo much!
jojo_2-24-11

Welcome again, Beck. You have come to the right place for positive reinforcment on quitting smoking. Everyday look for another new positive in being a non-smoker. The further away from smoking you get, the better off you are. Stick with it, you can do this!

moody_9-18-13

Hi Becky! Welcome and great first blog...If I quit, you CAN too!

A good read to understand nicotine addiction:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html

snowdog

Hi Beck! Awesome blog!!! I just did my first one too. My quit date was March 11th but I just changed that tonight to March 1st. I can't wait to get this monkey off my back and out of my life for good!!! I have carried him around long enough! I have smoked for 40 years and I am not going to let nicotine run (ruin) my life anymore!!! I am a snowbird as well in Michigan. Quite the winter,  eh? Your pup was beautiful!!! What is your kitty's name? I had a golden for 8 years named Chewbacca and my avatar (imp's) name is Wookie. He just turned 10. I have two sons who live a few hours away. They make it home about once a month. I know you have seen the links and keep hearing to read, read, read. Me too. I started doing the reading and that link that Moody gave you is awesome. I just watched a short video tonight with sixteen great tips (tools for success) on quitting cold turkey! I highly recommend it!!!!!! They links educate and motivate and fire you up!!! The want for me was always there too and the more I thought about quitting the stronger and more powerful that want got, seriously!!! Somewhere over the last couple of days though, since I joined, the want got more powerful than ever before but it changed. Now the want is the want to be done with smoking and just be free from nicotine, ashes, ashtrays, the whole lot!!! I asked God to help me quit smoking and he led me here to this great group of people and for some reason i just have a sense of peace. Why now I ask myself. I have been praying for years!!! Maybe God had to wait for just the right people to be here in this moment, right now, sharing and encouraging one another! We are in the same boat-but now we have life preservers on!!! You can do this!!! I can do this!!! We can conquer this demon together!!! I am praying for you!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

LouiseR

Welcome to the community.  This site is wonderful and all the people are awesome.  Keep coming here every day and do all the reading and preparing and keep blogging and letting us know how you are and how we can help.

helenb208

Hi, glad you joined, this is the best site ever, and the people are like family now, couldn't make it without them, stay postive, and one day at a time, good luck. Helen.

tommiei

Welcome Becky, I smoked for about 43 years also and if I can do it you can do it too. This site helped me so much because everyong understands how hard it is to break the habit. But with the tools on the site it can be done. Depend on God because we do nothing on our own.  That is how I did it I leaned heavily on Jehovah God and I was finally able to quit with surprisingly ease.  It has been 271 days and counting.

You can do this!!!

moody_9-18-13

Wowsers, tommiei and helenb208 and Beckola55...I'm Moody! Yes, that's my real name, don't even go there! When I signed up here, I decided to use my last name. Why not?

This is a good place to find support to give you strength to keep on moving forward everyday no matter what.

I liked the attitude at www.quitsmokingonline.com as well as www.whyquit.com

I decided to read every piece of information I could before I quit. But, I got so EXcited about going for it, I read Allen Carr's free book about addiction, nicotine addiction to be exact. The pdf link is on my page if you'd like to read it. I read it and I'm now quit 150 days, therefore I can recommend the book.

JRC

You mentioned in your blog that you wished you could reach through the computer and grab someone to be at your side when you want a smoke. You can!! Before having that smoke come here and blog with HELP!! in the title and someone will be here for you. Janet

lou31

Hi Monday is my quit date, I am already thinking how do I give up my best friend? I have smoked most of my life. I want to take back control of my life before it's over. Hoping you all can help. Lou 

jacks1125

great start , great blog....keep going u can do it!

erebus45

Hi, Becky,

I think  your blog is just great. There is so much information on the site, and everyone is here to help. I suggest you stay here as much as you can, the assistance you find here will be so valuable. Welcome and big congrats on your quit!!!

lilypad23

I think that you are doing a great job and that yoiu can do thins just keeep upi the good work and I have decided to quit again cause my girls have asthma  and that i have panic attacks very badly and I though that stopping smoking would help but I have learned when you stop smoking they get worse, but I have been smoke free for 10 days and I am not usung any meds so it is very hard.

Julieibbo

This is a great site, thank you everyone just for being you. The people on here helped me a lot, and we're always there immediately to help me, 50 days without a smoke yea ha! You can do it too.

murali

Hi Beck,

Welcome!

You have come to the right place.

Please find time every day to read blogs and other text which will help you to get rid of addiction.

I am on my 73rd day without nicotine.

I quit 'cold turkey' on 09th December, 2013. I was smoking for 28 years...

Much happier now.

We all are here to help you in all possible ways.

Keep in touch

twty906

i am not much help for you now- I had a quit date yesterday-and am very stressed- but I just made my first blog on here-and I pray you and I- and many more -will make this journy with the others- my mom never quit- my dad did many yrs ago- my mom passed 8 yrs ago-right before she would have turned 68-I have to quit for medical reasons- not because I made the choice for myself- which makes it very hard-I need motivation-my two kids are getting very upset with me- I was told to stop 7 mos ago-my vocals are stripped and I have pre-cancer on them- a small place- I am do to get a camera back down my throat in march- I feel like it would be a waist to go now-But My family feels- i should go and see where i am now-I may have to get a biopsy-?/ even with that news-It did not stop me-So this is the place -I have eneded up- do not even know how the Ex page came to me- But would like to be a new quitter with you. Love and prayers