cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Between Misery and Bliss

SimplySheri
1 12 64

~~Life isn't supposed to be an all or nothing battle between misery and bliss.  Life isn't supposed to be a battle at all.  And when it comes to happiness, well, sometimes sometimes it's comfortable, sometimes wonderful, sometimes boring, sometimes unpleasant.  When your day's not perfect, its not a failure or a terrible loss.  It's just another day....~~  Barbara Sher

Life is what life is.  When you understand that, you'll be less likely to smoke yourself through it.  Bored?  Try doing something new.  Sad?  Have a good cry.  Stressed?  Do some yoga or jog or scream. 

Or how about just recognize it as life.  You'll get through it simply because life sweeps you along whether you're ready for it or not.  It will pass...everything does.  Boredom, stress, happiness.  Feelings can't sustain themselves forever.  Breathe and know it will pass.

I have not been feeling well lately so I won't be here much.  But so many are here.  They listen, encourage, cheer, and even play games with you so that you have no excuse to revert to smoking. 

Life is what life is.  Really, it's quite enjoyable 🙂  Especially without the cigarettes!!

12 Comments
jonilou

Sheri, such good advice as usual. Thomas calls it "living life on life's terms". As smokers, life's terms were very often too much for us, or so we THOUGHT. And of course our way of dealing with it was the one of the very worst possible things we could do. I really hope you are feeling better. You are loved and appreciated more in this group than you know.

JustSharon

Sheri, thanks for such wonderfil words of wisdom, think I needed to hear that today. Get better soon!

elvan

Sheri,

I so hope that you feel better soon, this is, as usual, a very honest and helpful blog.

XO,

Ellen

Thomas3.20.2010

Take care of you, Sheri!

My thoughts and prayers will be with in the form of a Great Big CyberHug!

God Bless!

Christine13

Thank you Sherri, for a great blog!

Giulia

Feel better.  Thanks for Life Lesson.  It's a good one.

JonesCarpeDiem

I hope you feel better too.

Thank You

stonecipher

Hope you feel better soon.  Rest up and take care of yourself.

tjanddj

Hope yu feel better soon. Life does happen and life does move along no matter what comes our way.Thank you for sharing the different ways that can help get us through them and smoking is absolutley not needed.

MarilynH

((((((((((Feel better soon here'sa big cyber hug for you Sheri ♡))))))))))

NewMe

You have done so much to lift the spirit of others here. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling 100%. I hope you get lots of whatever you need to get back to feeling well. Take good care of yourself.

TerrieQuit

Feel better soon!