cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Best Decision Ever

lpears
0 6 10

I made the decision to become a nonsmoker on 12/28/2013. This is my first time quitting. I had no idea what I was doing. I was searching and searching for someone to understand. I needed something help. I thought about capturing my best friend and stuffing her on my closet. I could just run over and open the closet when I needed a hug. Unfortunatley, that is illegal and she is in the middle of potty training her adorable son (who is doing amazing!!) 

I had been searching on websites for help. At one point, I was about to pay $1.99 a minute for a social worker to listen to me and give me advice. I was half way through enterring my card number before I realized what I was doing and closed out of the website. 

Last night I was rummaging through websites. I stumbled upon this one. I signed up (waited for a page to enter my card number...but it happily never appeared) and started reading. 

My first post came at the lowest point I have felt in my smoke free life. The support I got was overwhelming. People I had never met before were giving me words of encouragement and positive support. I had finally found my hug in a closet...and this one is legal! 

You are all so inspirational. Every story I have read has had strong words of encouragement or lessons learned. Each story is laced with determination and each word loaded with strength. 

I am so lucky to have found a website full of some of the strongest people around. Each day you all wake up and march foward. Thanks for letting me march with you. 🙂

6 Comments
LouiseR

Thank you for choosing to march with us.  We are all in this together.  Keep coming here and read all the blogs and post how you are doing also.  Welcome!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations on your decision

We are so glad to to be able to help you

joyamber

Congratulations on your quit! This is a really great website for sure. I have really been helped by the support and advice!

jeanne-8-4-13

I'm glad you found us, If you need any help just come on this site. We all have been where you are now. Don't worry you are not alone.

YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

We are so glad you found us, too!  We will stay with you every step of the way.  Be SURE to blog before you put a cigarette in your mouth if it gets rough.  We will come running to talk you down - but you have to give us a chance!

Stay committed.  You CAN do this!

Nancy

SRMezler

Welcome!!!! You have picked the best web site to quit smoking. This group will guide you all the way to being smoke free. Read EVERYTHING they tell you to read. Read the blogs. You have just done the best thing you will ever do for yourself. I am on day 113. I still can't believe it. Attitude!!!!! Change your attitude about smoking. There is another life without a smoke. And God is it ever great. Hard, not going to lie. But you can do it if you follow the advise from this wonderful group of friends. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! Your new friend Nonna (Italian for grandma).