or If I have enough smokes to last til tomorrow

I am more layed back, not edgy

Zoey isnt sneezing

I dont smell like smoke

I smile more

I CAN SING REALLY LOUD WITHOUT COUGHING

i DONT FEEL RUSHED TO HURRY AND EAT FAST just so I cango out and smoke

I took the trash out today without getting winded WOW

I cleaned the whole salon without a break.

Im not "hiding" in my cave, or in my back yard puffin my life away

Ive made positive choices'

My best friend quit smoking too

I was more relaxed when doin nails yesterday (more productive)

I dont have to blow my nose 5 times in the mornin, every mornin

My voice sounds better

Dont have to clear my throat all day long

Curl my nose up in disgust when I even smell smoke

My 5 days without smoking have brought me so much...

This is just what I notice, off the top of my head 🙂

Jo

16 Comments
ex-kel

Congratulations Jo! Very proud of you! YAY JO! (I just high-fived ya) 😉 I can relate to each & every positive. You left one out though....In the winter, going outside & freezin' your butt off just for a few drags! No thanks. I'll stay toasty warm inside! & save my lungs. Very happy for you girl!

TheNewMe_Jo

Thanks, you too! HIGH 5

Well, I smoked inside my house, til just a few months ago, THAT was a huge step.. I was weening myself off them, plus I just couldnt stand the smell no more, my little dog too.

I even cheated, went to the bathroom and puffed out the window when it was over 100 here, I saw myself in the mirror doin that and thought how very sad I looked

Just for the fun of it, and cause I CAN Im just inhaling and deeply exhale, almost like a sigh, I used to hear whistling sounds when I did that before, thats gone now too.

Strudel
Now this is the way it is done!! Congrats Jo on 5 days! Keep up the great attitude - that is what makes great quits! Way to go!
newnicole

What a wonderful way to look at this whole process. Good for you! As  I was reading, I was thinking, "ooohhh I feel like that too...isn't it great?" 🙂 Keep up the great job with your quit! 

j-nette

All great reasons

Great Attitude sy postive

(happy dance 4U)

Ex_Nancy

You're doing great Jo...keep up your good attitude and ALWAYS stay one step ahead of yourself...NOPE=Not One Puff Ever

loveoflyfe43

Great Job! Keep it up!

jojo29

and thats only day 5 wait til day 10,,20 50 woohoooooo LMAOLMAO ya doing reli good jo, strong attitude ;)) attitude means alot. keep goin strong!!

TheNewMe_Jo

Thanks! not sayin its been an easy week at alll....

just survived and my lungs are happy

lalalalalalalala they be singin

one day, one moment at a time...

Took the patch off last night, Im very tired today...

Mothergoose9

Great job - fantastic attitude!!!!!  Around here we call it quit-itude!!!! 🙂  This is what will bring you the success and freedom you're looking for!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  🙂  Almost one full week smoke FREE!!!!!!  Go YOU!!! 🙂

TheNewMe_Jo

Thanks Connie

sspahn49

You are doing a great job, like Connie said, attitude is key.Keep up the good work.

Cjchavez

My 5th day of not smoking what I have noticed so far.  I feel less edgy, more energetic, more productive, my food tastes better, I can run better and longer, I just feel over all healthier.  I thought I would be crazy during my first week but it’s been a lot easier getting through my days without smoking then it was before I quit.  

CW64

I have anxiety. I guess from not smoking. I'm doing deep breathing. But it's awful!

CW64

I've lost my appetite. 

Barbscloud

@CW64 I'm glad I came across your post.  Day 6?  That's fabulous.   You've just eliminated nicotine and thousands of chemicals from your body.  It's going to react.  It's part of the healing process and you're doing it!

There are numerous physical, emotional, and psychological withdrawal symptoms. It will take time, but it will get better.  Hang in there.

Please consider creating your own post under My Journals so that you'll receive some well deserved support.  

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb