cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Belonging to a quit site has benefits forever

Maki
5 8 155

The friends you will meet on line while quitting smoking will inspire you for years to come . I've known my quit bud with whom we made a pact not to smoke for ten years . We met through the very first quitnet . She lives in the states , I here in Canada. Never met in person and I doubt we will but that's kinda cool too . We went through some really rough times and really great times and never once gave up . Never once did we put a disagreement or an argument first without forgiveness at the end of the day . 

I heard from a second close quit friend via email a few days ago . Again met on the very first quitnet , we participated in a common Chantix group and we share a common birth date . I was only on the trial Chantix at the time I quit then went cold turkey but I was welcomed to the group and stayed . Again ten years ago . That group was focused on having fun to quit . On laughter being the quit aide and Chantix and boy did it work .

Quitting smoking was the introduction to a couple life long friendships . Here at Ex there are also those life long friendships that are years long . A beautiful thing . If you are a newcomer whose devotion is to quit .... stay . Get to know your Ex community . The relationship with friends of Ex is a relationship that can last forever and is worth far more than smoking forever .

8 Comments